Ionic Zoom SDK IOS Issue

Hi,

We have created app with zoom SDK in Ionic5. When we start video it’s not working and the zoom server return below response.

Server Response: “Please enter valid meeting number and display name”

But meeting number and display name is valid, the same meeting working fine in android(.apk).

Hi zoom2,

Thanks for the post. Could you share a code snippet for starting a meeting?

Thanks!

Snippet for start meeting(But same code working fine in android):

startMeeting(meeting_id,password)
{
let options = {
“no_driving_mode”:true,
“no_invite”:true,
“no_meeting_end_message”:false,
“no_titlebar”:false,
“no_bottom_toolbar”:false,
“no_dial_in_via_phone”:true,
“no_dial_out_to_phone”:true,
“no_disconnect_audio”:true,
“no_share”:false,
“no_audio”:false,
“no_video”:false,
“no_meeting_error_message”:true
};
this.zoomService.joinMeeting(meeting_id, password, localStorage.getItem(‘name’), options)
.then((success: any) => console.log(success))
.catch((error: any) => console.log(error));
}

Hi zoom2,

Thanks for the code snippet. I have passed this info to our engineering team to further investigate and we will improve this in future releases.

For the current solution, you may go to the source of the Ionic SDK in your project, navigate to src/ios/Zoom.m, and comment out the line 120 to 125(https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-ionic/blob/master/src/ios/Zoom.m#L120), and build your project again. This should fix this issue.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Given solution not working

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. If you are trying to join a meeting and getting the error message “Please enter valid meeting and display name”, the place that I mentioned in the Ionic SDK source code is the only place that will return this error message. If you comment that out, the error message should not show again.

Could you provide more detail on this issue so that I could better help you?

Thanks!

Hi,

We have used zoom SDK for ionic using below link. We are developed in ionic frame work version 5.4

Link is: https://ionicframework.com/docs/native/zoom

Issue:

When user click the join meeting button, I called the below code. but zoom video screen not comes and the zoom server throw “Please enter valid meeting number and display name” error message.

startMeeting(meeting_id,password)
{
let options = {
“no_driving_mode”:true,
“no_invite”:true,
“no_meeting_end_message”:false,
“no_titlebar”:false,
“no_bottom_toolbar”:false,
“no_dial_in_via_phone”:true,
“no_dial_out_to_phone”:true,
“no_disconnect_audio”:true,
“no_share”:false,
“no_audio”:false,
“no_video”:false,
“no_meeting_error_message”:true
};
this.zoomService.joinMeeting(meeting_id, password, localStorage.getItem(‘name’), options)
.then((success: any) => console.log(success))
.catch((error: any) => console.log(error));
}

FYI:

The same code has working in android platform. Only issue occurred in IOS platform.

I need solution for IOS.

Thanks

Hi zoom2,

Thanks for the info. I have passed this our engineering team and we will investigate this issue deeper.

Thanks!

I had the same problem, found out that when inputting the meeting number (meeeting id), Android takes the xxx-xxx-xxx format, but iOS doesn’t, remove the “-” and it should work.

1 Like

Already we used meeting id with out “-”(xxxxxxxxx), but not working

Thanks for your help @mnavarro! :slight_smile:

@zoom2, are you still experiencing this issue?

Can you try this again?

If so what is the meetingID you are trying to use?

Thanks,
Tommy

Yes we have this issue till.
We tried again your solution but not woking.
Meeting Id is: 780581157

Got any solution for this issue?

Hey @zoom2,

We are still working to fix the error message and will post back here when it is resolved. JIRA: CS-1177

Thanks,
Tommy

we are waiting for your solutions.

Thanks

Hi Dear, Please pass meeting id as string not a number, then your issue will fix. :grinning: :stuck_out_tongue:

Refer: zoom.m line:120

3 Likes

Thanks for helping @rajangmca! :slight_smile:

@zoom2 can you please try passing in the meeting id as a string and not a number like @rajangmca suggested?

Let me know if that works!

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like