Is there an automated way to send a private message to a participant in a meeting

Is there an API endpoint (or other automated method) to send a private chat message to another participant in a Zoom meeting?

I’d also like to collect any responses from this private chat conversation.

1 Like

Hey @phil.mcparlane,

We don’t have API endpoints for sending in-meeting Chats, but we do have APIs for sending chats within the Zoom Client/Messenger interface. You can check this out here:

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

@phil.mcparlane When can we expect this feature which can enable sending the in meeting chats using APIs ?

Hey @smarshzmdev1,

Thank you for your question. At this time, I’m not aware that feature is on our roadmap. If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Thank’s you Will. In the Windows SDK there is an IMeetingChatController with methods sendChatTo which seem to satisfy this need. What are your thoughts and is this SDK method still available?

tks,
Martin

Hey @smarshzmdev1,

Thank you for your question. To my knowledge, this method is still available and it seems to fit your use-case well. For more detailed information on implementing the method, you may want to post to our #client-desktop-sdk:windows category so that a subject matter expert can advise further.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.