Issue with getSpeakerList Method in Safari Browser Using Web Video SDK

hi~

Device:

• Browser: Safari (Version 16.4 - 18615.1.26.110.1)
  • Browser:Google Chrome (Version 120.0.6099.129)

I am currently facing an issue while developing with the Web Video SDK. Specifically, I have encountered a discrepancy with the getSpeakerList method between Safari and Chrome browsers.

In Google Chrome (Version 120.0.6099.129), the getSpeakerList method works as expected and successfully retrieves the necessary data. However, when using the same method in Safari (Version 16.4 - 18615.1.26.110.1), it fails to fetch any data.

I am reaching out to seek insights and guidance on why this discrepancy may exist and if there are any specific considerations or adjustments needed to ensure the getSpeakerList method functions correctly in Safari.

Any assistance or information you can provide to resolve this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and support.

Best regards,
Yue

Hi @yyy ,

Thank you for reaching out. The function you are hoping to enable (speaker selection with getSpeakerList) is not supported in Safari by Apple, unfortunately. This is why you have it working in Chrome but not Safari.

Thanks,
Rehema

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.