Issues on deploying the zoom websdk app on AWS via container

Description
Web SDK version: 1.9.6

Our zoom webSDK app (based on https://github.com/zoom/sample-app-web) works well locally, and also when run via a docker container locally. However, when I try to deploy the container image on AWS (ECS), I keep getting an error about file watcher limit being reached (please see the error below). Is there anyway this can be fixed? I cannot increase the number of watchers in ECS (not configurable, it seems). Any help would be appreciated.

Error

throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
^
Error: ENOSPC: System limit for number of file watchers reached, watch '/zoom-app/node_modules/es-abstract/2016/MinFromTime.js'
at FSWatcher.<computed> (node:internal/fs/watchers:244:19)
at Object.watch (node:fs:2247:34)
at createFsWatchInstance (/zoom-app/node_modules/webpack-dev-server/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:38:15)
at setFsWatchListener (/zoom-app/node_modules/webpack-dev-server/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:81:15)
at FSWatcher.NodeFsHandler._watchWithNodeFs (/zoom-app/node_modules/webpack-dev-server/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:233:14)
at FSWatcher.NodeFsHandler._handleFile (/zoom-app/node_modules/webpack-dev-server/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:262:21)
at FSWatcher.<anonymous> (/zoom-app/node_modules/webpack-dev-server/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:495:21)
at FSReqCallback.oncomplete (node:fs:199:5)
Emitted 'error' event on FSWatcher instance at:
at FSWatcher._handleError (/zoom-app/node_modules/webpack-dev-server/node_modules/chokidar/index.js:260:10)
at createFsWatchInstance (/zoom-app/node_modules/webpack-dev-server/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:40:5)
at setFsWatchListener (/zoom-app/node_modules/webpack-dev-server/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:81:15)
[... lines matching original stack trace ...]
at FSReqCallback.oncomplete (node:fs:199:5) {​
errno: -28,
syscall: 'watch',
code: 'ENOSPC',
path: '/zoom-app/node_modules/es-abstract/2016/MinFromTime.js',
filename: '/zoom-app/node_modules/es-abstract/2016/MinFromTime.js'
}​
1 Like

As a follow up question, do you think this might be caused because of the use of webpack dev server?Can we avoid its use in Production? Any help with webpack config would be appreciated.

Hey @parulb,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. You’ll want to build for production locally and then push up the built production distributable so that you aren’t building on your AWS server. You can also set up a CI/CD pipeline that runs tests and pushes to production when you push a commit to the Master Branch of your repository.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.