Issues with patching/updating meeting via API - error 3000

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
Meetings API / Meeting Update

Description
We have created a custom JWT app in our Zoom account that we are trying to use so that we can perform a very basic change/update to various meeting schedules and to the alternative hosts of those meetings.

Error?
When we attempt to perform a patch request against the meeting URL an error “3000” code is returned, along with the following message: “You cannot schedule a meeting for user@companydomain.com”.

How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials or sensitive info like emails, uuid, etc.) / Body

URL: ‘https://api.zoom.us/v2/Meetings/<meeting_id>’

BODY:
{
“schedule_for”: “user@companydomain”,
“settings”: {
“alternative_hosts”: “user1@companydomain,user2@companydomain”,
“alternative_hosts_email_notification”: false
}
}

2. Authentication method or app type
APP TYPE: JWT App
AUTH METHOD: Bearer Token

3. Any errors
When attempting to use the above body in our request, we receive a “3000” response with the message: “You cannot schedule a meeting for user@companydomain”.

If we remove the “schedule_for” parameter in the body and attempt the request, then it works successfully. I’ve already attempted to do some digging on the ‘schedule for’ settings in our Zoom account and I’ve confirmed these are enabled/set, so I’m wondering if we’re facing a different issue here.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks.

James

@james.fletcher Hope you will be fine.

Here is the session → Update a meeting (Zoom REST API)

Hi Naeem,

Thanks for providing the video - unfortunately, this doesn’t exactly line up with the issue we are having so I believe we will need to continue checking elsewhere for other settings.

Thanks,
James

Hi @james.fletcher ,
This is the article you should read before using “schedule_for” and attention to the paragraph " Prerequisites for using scheduling privilege"