Many to one VS many to many

Sample:

User(host) has a call with attendees.
Is that possible to allow attendees to see only hosts video, but not each others video?
I mean solve that not during rendering, but somewhere on sending data to backend?

Lets say every participant has the video enabled.
Host → can see all the videos.
Any attendee → can see only host video.

BR, Siarhei.

Hey @sinsergei,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Just to confirm, you are using the Video SDK correct? If so, each user has their own view. So to achieve the desired scenario, you would check if the current user is a host. If they are you would show the view for each participant by iterating through all the participants in the session. If they aren’t, you would just grab the user object of the host and show his/her view.

Thanks!
Michael

Yes, I’m using VideoSDK.

Your solution is happening on receiver side, i.e. rendering phase.
In my case I just don’t want to send there any data that shouldn’t be rendered.

Thanks!

Hey @sinsergei,

I see. You can mute both the audio and the video of the user on the sender side programmatically and nothing from that user will be sent over.

Thanks!
Michael

Thanks for help, but this is actually my question - how to share my video only with host, but not with other users?

Hey @sinsergei,

You would begin sharing to the session, but only the user that is a host subscribes to the share pipe.

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.