Need Help Integrating Zoom API with Custom Application

Hi everyone,

I’m currently working on integrating Zoom’s API into a custom application for video conferencing and have encountered some challenges that I hope the community can help with.

1. Authentication Issues: I’m trying to implement OAuth2 for user authorization but facing difficulties with the token exchange process. I’ve followed the documentation closely but could use some practical advice or examples from those who have successfully implemented OAuth2 with Zoom recently.
  2. Feature Implementation: Additionally, I’m interested in hearing about any best practices or tips for implementing specific features like scheduling meetings programmatically or managing webinar participants via the API.
  3. Error Handling: Lastly, I’m curious about common pitfalls or errors developers have encountered when working with Zoom’s API and how to effectively troubleshoot and resolve them.

Any insights, code snippets, or guidance from your experiences would be immensely valuable. Thank you all in advance for your support!

Best regards,

Hi @alightmotionprom , please check out this tutorial about how to do auth and retrieve an access token: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dO4dMO_Omw&t=253s&pp=ygUSdW5pZmllZCBidWlsZCBmbG93

Can you offer more insight here? You can use the api endpoints for this, but what is the order in which you’d like to implement data access programmatically?

Each endpoint has standardized HTTP codes, and the definitions are listed for each endpoint. One of the most common pitfalls I’ve observed is “missing scope” or “no permission” errors. This is typically because the person who has generated the access token to call the API does not have the right role/permission and/or scopes applied to the credentials.