Need to add custom icon on meeting view to open a pop up window

Hi,
i need a guide or any available tutorial to help me adding a custom icon any where in meeting view screen, when clicked it will open a pop window showing external web page without covering the zoom view screen…can u please help me to put me on right track…this i need for IOS SDK

Hi f.abdulaziz,

Are you using Zoom default UI or custom UI? If you are using Zoom UI, adding a custom icon on top the meeting view is not supported. If you are using Custom UI, you have the full control of your UI so you may have any buttons that you want.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Thanks for ur reply, yes i am using custom ui version…and managed to do that… but one question i have… now after finishing the customization that i need… i should export that ios as a link and publish it to all my team ipads…so one question. Does the current sdk have all the featuers that exist in current zoom app…like calling featuer?! … i mean can i invite participants by calling them after adding them to my contact list?!

Hi f.abdulaziz,

Thanks for the reply and glad to hear that it is working. The Zoom SDK is the meeting SDK, and the regular Zoom app includes Meeting + IM + Phone, etc. Our SDK has the call-out and dial-in feature, but for the part that you are mentioning to direct invite and calling participants, that is an IM feature so it is not included in Zoom SDK. You will need to handle that in your app.

Thanks carson for your reply, i am little confused here…and upset … now i have managed to add a button to show a pop up… that is the only additonal thing i need… plus i need current zoom app features…now suppose i have generated the ipa file and installed this customizer version to all team app… am i able to invite them all in a meeting?! Does this featuer exist in sdk or not??! If it exist how i can invite them??! Through a link or meeting id or how??! Help me pls in this …

Hi f.abdulaziz,

We do not have the Zoom IM features as I mentioned above. Our SDK offers the required information for invitation(https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-ios/interface_mobile_r_t_c_invite_helper.html), so you could leverage the information here to implement the invite feature. There are a lot of ways to invite other participants, I will take one as an example: when the host starts a meeting and if you would like to invite other users, you may use the invite info and send it to the participant’s app, which is also your SDK app. Your SDK app gets the invite info and then joins the meeting.

Hope this helps. Thanks!