Not able to disable/remove participant 3 dot controls

HI,
I am using zoom windows sdk and i am able to open zoom UI from my application but i need to disable below highlighted control from Video with these 3 dots highlighted should’nt be visible.
can anyone let me know how to disable or remove them

Hi ankit.acet13,

Thanks for the reply. Are you looking for the interface to hide the 3 dots? Currently we do not have an interface to hide that button.

Thanks!

Then can we hide participants, if yes, please let me know how we can do that
I tried using this MEthod - ShowParticipantsListWnd(bool bShow, ref ValueType hParticipantsListWnd);
but i got error because of second parameter.

So please guide me if this method is needed to be used then what value for hParticipantsListWnd needs to be passed.
or please guide me if there is any other way to hide the participants.

thanks

Hi @ankit.acet13,

Thanks for the reply. Here is the API description of the method ShowParticipantsListWnd

/// \brief Display/hide the window which is used to display the list of the participants. 
	/// \param bShow TRUE indicates to display the list of the participants.
	/// \param [out] hParticipantsListWnd This function will return the window handle if the bShow value is set to TRUE and API calls successfully. 
	/// \return If the function succeeds, the return value is SDKErr_Success.
	///Otherwise failed. To get extended error information, see \link SDKError \endlink enum.
	virtual SDKError ShowParticipantsListWnd(bool bShow, HWND& hParticipantsListWnd) = 0;

So the 2nd parameter is the window handle, and it will return if the 1st parameter is set to be true. So you could do something like this:

HWND hParticipantsListWnd(NULL);
ShowParticipantsListWnd(TRUE, hParticipantsListWnd);
ShowParticipantsListWnd(FALSE, hParticipantsListWnd);

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Thanks for reply,
I tried following code in my windows c# application in onMeetingStatusChanged method:

HWNDDotNet hw = new HWNDDotNet();
        //hw.value = 0;
        GCHandle handle2 = GCHandle.Alloc(hw);
        ValueType param = (ValueType)handle2;
        param = null;
        //HWNDDotNet a = ;
        ZOOM_SDK_DOTNET_WRAP.CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.GetMeetingServiceWrap().GetUIController().ShowParticipantsListWnd(false, ref param);

but still I was not able to hide the participants. Can you please suggest me where i am missing or please guide me the correct way of implementing this.

Hi @ankit.acet13,

Thanks for the reply. The ShowParticipantsListWnd needs to be called when the meeting status is IN_MEETING. If you call this in onMeetingStatusChanged, there is no guarantee that it is in meeting while it is being called.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

I tried to call this code when the meeting ststus is IN_MEETING but i was not able to hide video participants. see below code :slight_smile:

case ZOOM_SDK_DOTNET_WRAP.MeetingStatus.MEETING_STATUS_INMEETING:
{
HWNDDotNet hw = new HWNDDotNet();
//hw.value = 0;
GCHandle handle2 = GCHandle.Alloc(hw);
ValueType param = (ValueType)handle2;
param = null;
//HWNDDotNet a = ;
ZOOM_SDK_DOTNET_WRAP.CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.GetMeetingServiceWrap().GetUIController().ShowParticipantsListWnd(false, ref param);
}

Please have a look is this code correct or please guide me where i am wrong.

thanks

Hi @ankit.acet13,

Thanks for the reply. I just revisited your original post. The interface ShowParticipantsListWnd is for showing/hiding the participant list, not showing/hiding the participant video. Just want to confirm, are you trying to hide the whole gallery view in the red circle?

Thanks!

yes i want to hide whole gallery view in red circle, can you please tell how to do this?

Hi @ankit.acet13,

Pardon the late reply. I have confirmed with the engineering team. Currently there is no interface to hide the whole gallery view. I will forward this as a feature request to the engineering team to investigate the possibilities of supporting this in the future.

Thanks!