"Not meeting host" error when trying to update a meeting

Description
Hi,
I’m getting an error that I would appreciate your assistance with.
Using API:
I list all meeting of a user using: /users/{userId}/meetings
Then I select a meeting and when I check the meeting details I see that the host is indeed the user I listed meetings for.
However, when I try to update a meeting I get: “{“code”:3003,“message”:“Not meeting host.”}”
It happens only to some users for some meetings but I couldn’t pin-point what is the case exactly.
Could you please point me to what am I missing here?
Thanks!

Error
responseBody={“code”:3003,“message”:“Not meeting host.”}

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
GET /users/{userId}/meetings
GET /meetings/{meetingId}
PATCH /meetings/{meetingId}

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @maxim.b

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

That didn’t help since I do see the host correctly in the meeting details

Hi @maxim.b,

Are you the meeting owner or someone with scheduling privileges for the meeting in question? If not, this may be why you’re running into this error.

The JWT app you’re authenticating your call with will not have scheduling permission assigned to it; rather, the userID of the original host will need to give you this privilege.

Let me know if this helps to clarify!

Best,
Will

Hi and thanks for the quick response.
We do have permission to modify the meetings of relevant users (but there are some specific meetings that give us this error).
What might be the case that when listing some user meetings we get a meeting and when looking into it I can clearly see that the same user is the meeting host but I get “code”:3003,“message”:“Not meeting host.” when I try to update the meeting?
Thanks!

Hey @maxim.b,

Just DM’d you for some additional details.

Thanks!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.