OAuth Access Tokens for Admin App

Description
For an OAuth admin app, if I request a new access token, does the old access token become invalid?
Currently I am testing in two dev env with one zoom account. When I associate the admin app to one env, then the other, the first access token returns expired. Is this expected behavior? If I created a user app instead of an admin app would this allow more than one access token at a time? I could then have the zoom account admin limit the installation of the app by user I suppose instead of using the admin app to force an admin to install. The app I am developing does not need user specific access just account level for an account dashboard.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Hi @jgutenplan,

Good questions, happy to clarify.

For an OAuth admin app, if I request a new access token, does the old access token become invalid?
Currently I am testing in two dev env with one zoom account. When I associate the admin app to one env, then the other, the first access token returns expired. Is this expected behavior?

To clarify, when you request a new access_token, this does invalidate the old access token. This would be expected behavior.

If I created a user app instead of an admin app would this allow more than one access token at a time?

The behavior would be the same for a user level app—when a new access token is requested, the previous one is invalidated.

Keep in mind that access tokens expire after one hour. Once expired, you will have to refresh a user’s access token. The purpose of the refresh token is to request a new access token. Although the refresh token expires after 15 years, it becomes invalid after it is used to request a new access token. You will receive a new refresh token pair and an access token once you use the old refresh token. (You will have to update these old values with new ones.)

I hope this helps to clarify, but let me know if you have questions about this.

Thanks!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.