Participant id (generated by me and passed in ZoomMtg.join) is changing to zoom generated id (WebSDK)

Thanks a lot. I hope we will get an update soon. Can you please ask one more thing? I am not able to find if is there any limit for length of “participantId”. The “ParticipantId” we pas with join call on App SDK and Web SDK.

Thanks again.

Hey @namrata,

You should not pass a participantId in the join function of the SDKs.

Thanks,
Tommy

I am sorry, I don’t know how I missed that. That reply was on May 29th and as I shared I am still not able to get email address. But I want to share that currently I am using participantid in both SDK (App and Web) … I can say that participant id from app sdk is available and I am using it to identity the participant, I will verify the Web SDK again. Can you confirm if it is deprecated only for the Web SDK? If it is supported in the App SDK then please ask them about the length.

As you shared that participant id is not supported in Web SDK then is email address related issue fixed now? I guess I need to again verify that too.

Thanks.

Hey @namrata,

It is also deprecated in the Mobile and Desktop SDKs. CC @jon.lieblich @Michael_Condon.

As for the email address issue, we found the root cause, and we are working on fixing it. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy