Participant id (generated by me and passed in ZoomMtg.join) is changing to zoom generated id (WebSDK)

@tommy What should we use for Android/iOS SDK? Also, if someone uses customerKey in the Web SDK, how do we retrieve the same customerKey in Android/iOS SDK?

@namrata Just to confirm, that means you’re using our MacOS and Windows Native SDKs?

@anonymousedge03 Please post in our #mobile-client-sdk category. That will make sure that you get in contact with an expert in the matter.

Max

@MaxM It is Android and iOS SDK.

Hey @namrata,

I checked with our team and this is something that we’ll support in our next release. When it’s added, we’ll update our documentation around how it can be used. (ZOOM-221131)

Thanks,
Max

Hello @tommy,

This property is not working. Please check my reply here:

hey @namrata ,

Did you found any solution for this? Are you able to send any custom data to the Zoom WebSDK.
Please let me know if you got any fix for this…
Thanks.

This customer_key is still not working @MaxM . We tried with customer_key, customerKey, customekey and none of them are working.
Where have you released the latest SDK or do I need to update any file in order to check this customerKey property because it is not going with my Join API request.

Not yet. They suggested me to use “customerKey”, but the Participant API is returning blank in “customer_key” property. Same case with “userName” and “userEmail”. I tried customerKey, customer_key, customer_Key … nothing works.

@namrata @lov

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I’m going to speak with my team as soon as I can to determine where exactly this has been implemented and how we can expect to use it. I’ll get back to you ASAP.

Max

Thanks for the update @namrata , even I’m struggling to get this done. None of the key is working in this regards.

@MaxM

Thanks for such quick response. Please look into this issue on priority, we are struggling to get it done since a long time. Let us know which build includes these changes and what are the keys that can be used as a custom key for our specific use cases.

Hey @lov,

Sorry for the delay. I’ve reached out to our engineering team and am awaiting their response. I’ll let you know when I hear more. (ZOOM-282022)

Thanks,
Max

@MaxM

Thanks for the update. Hoping to hear from you soon.

We are still discussing the issue here but I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.

Max

Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring and saw we would really like this custom key field as well

Thanks for sharing this feedback @wcarle — we hope to explore this further and will update this thread with any additional details as we have them.

I would like to know if there is any update about this.

@zoom3 Yes, the customer key field has been implemented in our Meeting SDKs and is also available in the reports API