/past_meetings/{meetingUUID}/participants not working? Or I am missing some valuable info

So, to answer this and the reply in the other topic.

If you use the “meeting ID” (the 9 to 11 digit) in past_meetings endpoints (aside from /instances), it only returns information about the latest meeting instance.

The UUID (the much longer, base64-encode looking string) will give you information about a specific occurrence, which you can retrieve from /past_meetings/meetingId/instances.

If you use the UUID from a fresh /meetings/meetingID response in a /past_meetings call, it will not work as the meeting hasn’t passed yet. If you’re storing that UUID from BEFORE the meeting starts, and using it after the meeting ends, it should work as expected (in theory).

Every time you start a meeting of the same MeetingID, the UUID changes but the MeetingID stays the same. You would only be able use that UUID after the meeting ends.

Using a UUID of a meeting that has not ended yet, will return the error you’re seeing in screenshot #1.

Using a MeetingID of a meeting that has had no occurrences will return the error you’re seeing in screenshot #2.

Note that in either case, /past_meetings/{uuid_or_id}/participants will not return proper information until a non-host joins the meetings. You need at least one real participant. Otherwise, it’ll just be empty response like this:

{
    "page_count": 0,
    "page_size": 30,
    "total_records": 0,
    "next_page_token": "",
    "participants": []
}

I know this all sounds inconsistent, but I guess it’s what we’re stuck with until a Zoom employee notices the struggle. :grin:

2 Likes