PiP on Home Screen

I am new, and I don’t know where to post this, so I’m posting it here.
I am wondering if you can add PiP (Picture in Picture) for Zoom on iOS.
With the iOS 14 update, they introduced us being able to do PiP with FaceTime an I am wondering if we can do this on Zoom, or will it become available shortly.

Thanks!

Hey @sidharth

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Firstly, yes you are in the right spot! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the Zoom iOS SDK does not support Picture in Picture currently. There have been other mentions of this in the past, so I will let the team know developers would like this feature.

Let me know you have any other questions.
Thanks!
Michael

Any updates as to when PiP will be available on zoom. I attend classes on my iPad using zoom and also take notes on my iPad. But it becomes a hassle as there is no Picture in Picture in zoom.

Hey @yash.tejnani,

Unfortunately, I do not have any updates at this time.

Michael

Any leads about PiP for iOS?
When will it come, need it badly!

Hey @bcsm-f18-073,

We do not have any updates about this feature at the moment. You can follow the release notes here:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/201214205-Release-Notes

Thanks!
Michael

How we coming along with the iPad PiP capability with the zoom app? Its been about a year since the pandemic started, and im sure you have heard this all year long.

Coming soon? Summer term is coming up.

Hey @Agillette,

We do not have any updates about this feature at the moment. You can follow the release notes here:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/201214205-Release-Notes

Thanks!
Michael

@Michael_Condon
I’ve heard that there will be an update to IOS15 and Apple’s Picture in Picture feature this fall, but is there going to be any update to Zoom regarding Picture in Picture?

Also, does Andoroid support Picture in Picture?

Hi @hidetaka.ko,

This forum is only meant to assist with developers integrating our SDKs into their own applications. Since your questions appears to be related to the Zoom client, please visit our general support page. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Greetings,

As a low level developer, productivity is still a big factor to get things done. That being said, is there any more talk about adding Picture in Picture feature on iOS devices?

If not, I wonder why it was never brought back up in the talking stage it’s been almost 2 years since the pandemic began.

Hey @gabethemachine,

We still do not have a timeline for PiP support.

Thanks!
Michael

Google Keep and FaceTime both support PiP support so it may be worth switching to them if there’s no timeline for support. :expressionless:

Hi @najames,

Since this forum is focused around assisting developers with integrating our SDKs into their own application, please keep the discussions limited to topics directly related to that. If you have any feedback regarding the Zoom client or platform as a whole, we would love to hear from you over at our feedback page or the new Zoom Community site. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi, was hoping to reinvigorate this thread. While any promises/true roadmap/guarantees are unlikely, I was curious if you guys could please confirm if this is planned to at least be discussed in the coming year as a potential investment?

It’s so critically helpful and not only does stock FaceTime offer this on iOS but as others have mentioned, google meet, WebEx and many others as well among 3rd Party platforms have also added PiP functionality for their iOS devices giving merit to its importance within the industry

Thanks for your time

Hi @ijm8710,

For general Zoom support, please use the links in my previous reply. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!