Possible To Starting Meetings After the Meeting Has Ended

Description
Hi, I have a business account and I am testing using the create meeting endpoint to create meetings for specific dates. It seems like it is possible to use the host start url to start these meetings before the scheduled date of the meeting and even after the scheduled date of the meeting.

Is this expected behavior? Is it possible to prevent these meetings from being started after the scheduled date of the meeting? Also, is it possible to prevent hosts from using the start_url days before the meeting is scheduled?

Thanks!

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
Create meeting endpoint

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a meeting using the endpoint
  2. Try starting the meeting as host using the start_url 1 more days after the meeting has ended

Hi,

Sorry, according to this thread, the start_url does not work for meetings that have ended unless it is retrieved using the Get Meeting Endpoint.

Still not sure if it is possible to prevent someone from using the start_url early, but if so, that would be great. Thanks!

Hi @cedricgidget,

Thanks for reaching out about this—it sounds like you found your answer!

However, regarding your other question, I should note that if someone has access to the start URL, they will be able to start the meeting before the scheduled time. However, they will still need to be the meeting host in order to do so.

Let me know if this helps to clarify,
Will

Hi Will,

Thanks for the help! I guess for now we will try to keep them from starting the meeting early by giving them access to the start_url around the time we want them to start the meeting.

If possible, I would like to make a feature request to create a restriction on when a meeting can be started (like the way attendees can be restricted from joining before a meeting is scheduled). This would be great for us because we would be able to give our guest hosts the start_url way in advance without having to worry that they would cause issues for other meetings scheduled in advance.

Hey @cedricgidget,

I appreciate the feedback and can certainly understand the use case. If you’re so inclined, I would encourage you to submit this as a feature request here as well: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.