Reaching Rate Limits Early with SCIM2 User API

Description
I am sporadically reaching per-second limits much quicker than expected on my Education account. Additionally, when I check the API Call Logs (https://marketplace.zoom.us/user/logs) for my app, they only seem to show the 200 responses.

Error
429 status

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
I am running a script which makes these calls for each inputted user:
/scim2/Users?filter=userName%20eq%20&count=1&startIndex=1

/scim2/Users/{“schemas”:[“urn:ietf:params:scim:api:messages:2.0:PatchOp”],“Operations”:[{“op”:“replace”,“value”:{“active”:true}}]}

Screenshots (If applicable)
My script output:

API Call Logs:

Hey @carla

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

No, these don’t help

Hi @carla,

Are you able to share some more details about your use case and how many requests you’re trying to send per second?

Any additional context will be helpful to make sure I can give you the best guidance on how to stay within your limits.

Thanks!
Will

Hi Will,

Thank you for reaching out.

I am using the API to quickly deactivate multiple users. For each user in a file (in this case about 60 users), I am making a Get User and a Deactivate User call. Once I realized I was receiving the 429 rate limit rejection, I experimented with delay times and was still receiving 429 responses at as few as 3 requests per second. Please let me know what other information would be helpful.

On Zoom’s Rate limits page, it looks like with an Education account and light requests, I should be able to make 80 requests per second.

Thank You,
Carla

Hi @carla,

Thanks so much for clarifying—I’ve just DM’d you for some account details so that I can take a closer look.

Thanks!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.