Recording consent missing

Description
A user of our application has recording consent turned on. The consent disclaimer does not show up if the host is live streaming.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
Knowing the API endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. She starts a meeting (recording is off)
  2. She starts live streaming
  3. A participant joins the meeting and sees no consent dialog
  4. Host starts cloud recording
  5. Consent dialog appears

Hi @filibert.overhill,

To clarify, is the meeting being recorded from the start, or is the host starting the recording at some point after the meeting has started/streaming has begun? (It sounds like the latter, but want to confirm). If it’s the latter, I should clarify that the recording consent will not appear until the recording functionality has been turned on—so if you start recording at some point in the meeting, the consent dialogue would not be expected to pop up before then as no recording was occurring.

I hope this helps to clarify, but let me know if I’m misunderstanding anything. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Will

What we want is for the recording consent to show up for live streams as well as local/cloud recordings because that also counts as a recording.

Hi @filibert.overhill,

I see—thanks for clarifying. While the recording consent doesn’t currently function that way for livestreams, I can certainly appreciate the suggestion. I’ll be happy to share this feedback, though I would also recommend posting this in our #feature-requests channel too.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.