Refresh token, not refreshing after 2-3 days of inactivity

Continuing the discussion from Refresh token request failing with 401:

I have an app, that stores refreshToken and accessToken and I only refresh when a token is expired while user is performing an action and then i store new token back.
In the recent test, I authorized my app 2 days ago, used it once and then didn’t touch it again. (means no activity in zoom)
Then after 2-3 days when I tried to use my app and create a request to refresh token I received error that my token is expired. Which is beyond me. Because Its not the case where a new token is generated. Only I authorize my app and I haven’t touched it. as you stated that refreshToken have 15 years of expiry I highly doubt that. In case you want to investigate further, I can provide my zoom account that was authorized for the app I developed. And check the logs against it that either the request to refresh token was generated or the refreshToken was invalid itself.
Here is my code in Javascript that refreshes the token. I am using “axios” so auth object creates Basic Auth token.

return request.post(`/oauth/token?grant_type=refresh_token&refresh_token=${refreshToken}`, {}, {
    auth: {
      username: process.env.ZOOM_CLIENT_ID,
      password: process.env.ZOOM_SECRET
    }
  })

Hey @muhammad.faizan.cs

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

No it doesn’t help, I have gone thru them

Hi @muhammad.faizan.cs,

Please see my reply here:

Thanks!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.