Salesforce and OAuth - State Parameter

Description
I’m attempting to connect Zoom to Salesforce using a Named Credential and Open ID Connect Auth. Provider. The Named Credential is authenticated, and I believe the Auth. Provider is setup correctly.

On the Zoom side, I have created the OAuth app in our Zoom account, whitelisted all the Salesforce URL’s, etc. When I take the final step on the Zoom side, which is installing the OAuth app and authenticating in Zoom, I receive an error regarding the state parameter.

I’m wondering if anyone has connected Zoom to Salesforce in this manner and how I can solve this issue with the state parameter.

Error
State not sent back (when I don’t include any state parameter in the URL)
State invalid (when I do try a state parameter)

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
N/A

Screenshots

Hi @stephendickson,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Can you ensure that the value you’re passing for the state variable in the Zoom Redirect URL matches the value that your Salesforce integration is expecting? I believe this type of error would be returned if these don’t match exactly.

Additionally, do you run into any issues authorizing your Zoom OAuth app external to Salesforce?

Let me know—thanks,
Will

Hi Will,

I think I’m going to run into problems if Salesforce’s expected state parameter is variable. I decided to use a JWT app instead. Thanks for the reply!

Best,
Stephen

I see, thanks for the follow up, Stephen!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.