Script to post a message in chat in an ongoing zoom meeting

I’m trying to write a script that will post a link to an evaluation survey as a chat message at the end of a Zoom conference and I’m having some trouble figuring out which API I need to do this. It doesn’t seem this would be a chatbot or an app per se. Would I just use OAuth to authenticate with my Zoom account, then connect to the chat, and post the message via that? Is there an easier way to do this without having to authenticate an account with OAuth? Would appreciate any tips to get started. Thank you!

Hey @jm22

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

Thanks – is this what I would use to post in an ongoing meeting? Like if I have a Zoom meeting ID, would this process still work to post a message in that chat?

Hey @jm22,

At the moment, we don’t have an API endpoint for in-meeting chat. If you want to explore more in-meeting functionality, I’d recommend checking out our Web SDK:

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.