Share computer audio

Hello
I upgraded to 1.8.6
There is no “share computer audio” option when sharing your screen
Is this type of update planned or is it my problem?

• Device: [PC]
  • Version: [1.8.6]
  • Browser:[Chrome]

Thanks

Hey @eclypsegroup ,

Currently the Web SDK does not have the “Share computer audio” option.

We do plan on adding this in the future.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Does Zoom have plan for this upgrade, specific time.

Thanks.

Hey @anhnt ,

We are working on full feature parity with the Zoom App, however, we do not have a specific timeline for the share computer audio feature.

Thanks,
Tommy

Is there an ETA for this? The older web sdk used to allow this. We have an event with thousands of teachers next week (2nd week of feb) and a lot of presenters are not allowed to download the app. They have video with sound to share during their presentations. This is causing a lot of headaches.

Hey @henry2 ,

Can you confirm which version of the Web SDK that had this feature? I will say that we will not have this feature next week.

Thanks,
Tommy

I was informed that when presenters did share screen in the pre 1.8.5 web player (we were using 1.8.0) and the presentation had a video with audio the audio from the video was directed through to the other people watching the presentation. However, versions earlier than 1.8.5 would not be feasible to use based on the recent security changes.

FYI - the organizers had done various tests before the new year. When they retested in the last couple of weeks they were disappointed that things changed. We are looking at ways to mitigate the issues - I understand the difficulties of software changes in a short time frame.

Hey @henry2,

Thank you for the update and for providing more information. Are you able to send a screenshot of this option in an earlier version? I’m not aware of this feature being available previously but I can check with our engineering team to be sure.

Thanks,
Max

I am not able to send a screenshot of the earlier web player for a couple of reasons:

1. it was automatic when sharing an application (that is what I was told by the people who tested)
  2. the older web player sdk no longer works since the January 2021 security changes

Hey @henry2,

Thank you for your patience. I’ve since reached out to an internal resource to confirm if this was previously available and to gain insight into why it isn’t now. I’ll update you here when I have more information.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @henry2,

Thank you for your patience. After speaking with a couple of different internal resources, I wasn’t able to confirm if this was something that was possible in previous versions but I was informed that sharing audio while screen sharing is not supported currently and is something we are working to add in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Max

Thank you for the information. I look forward to the audio sharing working in the future.

btw - the other recent improvements to the web based app (gallery view etc) are great.

thanks
Henry

1 Like

Hey @henry2,

I’m glad to hear that was helpful and that you’re enjoying the new features! You can stay up-to-date with our features and fixes at our changelog

Thanks,
Max

I want to know, Now SDK 1.9.0 can share computer audio when shared chrome tab?

Thanks.

Hey @teeruth.o ,

Can you please explain your question further? :slight_smile:

If you are referring to sharing computer sound that is not supported yet.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.