Sharing screen fails the first time, works subsequent times

Description
When performing screen share the first time, an error occurs. After exiting the app and trying screen share again, screen share works.

Which iOS Meeting SDK version?
v5.15.12.10118

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Install my app that embeds the Zoom Meeting SDK.
  2. Join Zoom meeting.
  3. Attempt to share screen
  4. Observe error in the screenshot
  5. Leave meeting.
  6. Close the app
  7. Reopen the app
    8 Join Zoom meeting
  8. Attempt to share screen
  9. Observe that sharing the screen works

Screenshots

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: iPhone 11

Hi @chrisnocd
Thanks for reaching out to us.
I am just checking on you to see if you were able to troubleshoot this error on your end?

Hi Elisa,

Thanks for reaching out.

I’m currently working with someone at Zoom who is trying to debug this issue via email communication, but I haven’t heard back from them in 4 days.

1 Like

@chrisnocd
Thanks for confirming this with me.
Let me know when you hear back from them

Hi @chrisnocd,

This issue is usually caused by either:

1. The RPBroadcastSampleHandler extension crashes before the setup completes and is called to start broadcasting, or
  2. Your AppGroupID is inconsistent across the application source code or the AppGroupID is not valid under your project “Signing & Capabilities” which I assume this cannot be the case since you mentioned that you manage to screen share.

As I am not able to run your sample app on my side, we will need you to debug this on your Xcode by following these steps as followed:

1. Use the menu “Debug”,
  2. “Attach to Process by PID or Name…”, and enter the name of their extension process,
  3. Wait for the debug attachment to be set up and should appear under the debug inspector,
  4. Once ready, start their broadcast session. (You should find the crash in the debugger.)

Also since you mentioned that the screen sharing works after you closed and reopened your app on steps 5-6, does this mean you actually killed the app and restarted it? It would be great if you could send me a video recording of the whole process.

I have also received and looked through the 2 Xcode logs you sent to my colleague Binesh, can we also have the Zoom’s log? More information can be found here.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.