Show portrait sources in portrait mode

The portrait orientation is better suited to some meetings, like a fitness class or when all participants are using portrait sources (e.g., cellphones, tablets).

Using a cellphone or tablet in the portrait orientation is ideal for a fitness class. A camera in the landscape orientation needs to be too far away to capture the head and feet of the participant.

In the group view participants with a portrait source are shown centered in a large landscape-oriented box, even on a device held in the portrait orientation. Only one third of the landscape-oriented box is showing anything beneficial; the remaining two thirds is an empty black border.

Showing all the portrait sources in portrait-oriented boxes might allow up to three times as many users on the same line.

1 Like

How can we bump this? In some settings I would find it very useful; especially since my new monitor has a pivot mode.
In the case in the screenshot, there’s no way to really fullscreen the video… // unfortunately i can’t embed an image for some reason
Here’s a screenshot of the problem: Imgur: The magic of the Internet