Sudden spike in refresh error

Description
started seeing spike in token refresh since feb 2nd around 7pm PST

Error

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Oauth

Which Endpoint/s?
oauth refresh endpoint

Additional context
It was working fine for months and suddenly, refresh token stopped working.

Hey @john5,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. During that time, we were performing maintenance for an issue with webhooks that we were encountering.

It’s possible this issue is related, or, that another user was attempting to re-authorize the application manually in order to remedy any issues that they were seeing with webhooks.

Are you still seeing issues using refresh_tokens? If so, please provide one of the responses you got with a failing refresh_token and I’ll look into this further.

Thanks,
Max

Hi,

yeah I’m still seeing a lot of errors when trying to refresh the token.

the reponse body has the message “Invalid Token!”

from what I understand in other articles, it only happens when we’ve already used the token, but in our code path, as soon as the call succeeds we update the refresh token with the new one in our database. So I’m puzzled as to why it starts failing with invalid tokens all of sudden. (Like, it suddenly started happening for the majority of our zoom users)

Hey @john5,

Thank you for the update. Please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread as well as the email of a user encountering this issue and the refresh_token that’s failing for that user.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.