The Meeting number is wrong - Error 3706

I am using the steps mentioned on the github page for meeting web sdk to join a zoom meeting .
I have a developer account with zoom . I generated the sdkkey and sdksecret and then used the steps mentioned in GitHub - zoom/meetingsdk-auth-endpoint-sample: Generate a Meeting SDK JWT to join Zoom meetings and webinars with the Meeting SDK. to generate the signature . The role is 0.
Also I am using CDN for the SDK .The version number is 2.17.0
The code that I use to start the meeting is

client.join({
sdkKey:sdkkeystring,
signature: signaturestring,
meetingNumber: meetingNumberstring,
password: passcodestring,
userName: usernamestring
})

But when I run the code, I can see the error:-

• {type: ‘JOIN_MEETING_FAILED’, reason: ‘The meeting number is wrong.’, errorCode: 3706}
  1. errorCode: 3706
  2. reason: “The meeting number is wrong.”
  3. type: “JOIN_MEETING_FAILED”

The meetingNumber is correct according to me . I had started the meeting before running the code . Request you to help me in resolving this issue.

@bmalik ,

The meetingNumber in the clientJoin must match the meetingNumber in the JWT token as well. Could you check that?

Hi,

The meeting number is :- 81793851836

I passed ita s a string and the JWT token value is:-

eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJzZGtLZXkiOiJ5Z2VSdDdDWVRrdlJjVEdTSGtnNkEiLCJpYXQiOjE2OTc3MTQ0NzIsImV4cCI6MTY5NzcyMTY3MiwiYXBwS2V5IjoieWdlUnQ3Q1lUa3ZSY1RHU0hrZzZBIiwidG9rZW5FeHAiOjE2OTc3MjE2NzJ9.oZpLnG29SNbt1X_lGAiQz0LSHPxCb-VMLK_cu_blcLo

How can I decode the token to see if the meeting number is correct? Though I passed the same value with role as 0 to create the JWT token.

Thanks,
Bhawana

@bmalik your JWT token is missing the meetingNumber and role

You can use jwt.io to decode it

What is the best way to generate the JWT token?

Thanks,
Bhawana

The sample which you have shared is a good way to do so.

Thanks. I could finally create a valid jwt token and join the meeting . The issue was the way in which I was sending the meeting number and role in Postman . After I changed the payload to json format . It worked.

The ticket can be closed now. Thanks for your help.

Bhawana