Time part of from and to request parameters not being honored in REST APIs?

Hello.
We’ve noticed that the time part of the from and to request parameters are not being honored by the v2/metrics/meetings request. We are, for example, passing in a from value of 2019-06-05T20:00:00Z and a to value of 2019-06-06T04:00:00Z in the request parameters. But, we are getting meeting data back with start times close to the 12:00 AM hour of 2019-06-05 and also close to the end of 2019-06-06. Thus, it appears that the time part of the from and to time that we are passing in is not being honored. This is resulting in us re-extracting data that we’ve already extracted.

Here is an example from the logs that you support in the Marketplace for our application. Note that the from and to in the response have no time portion.

05:18:16
06/06/2019

https://api.zoom.us/v2/metrics/meetings

{
“endpoint”: “https://api.zoom.us/v2/metrics/meetings”,
“response_headers”: [
“Set-Cookie: cred=B051C31B2DC763977F78D09ED2EC772D; Path=/; Secure; HttpOnly”
],
“date_time”: “2019-06-06 05:18:16”,
“method”: “GET”,
“request_body”: “N/A”,
“response”: “{“from”:“2019-06-05”,“to”:“2019-06-06”,“page_count”:1,“page_size”:300,“total_records”:5,“next_page_token”:”",“meetings”:[{“uuid”:“iYgNvY3pQsyrlcr22ZXmJg==”,“id”:932703588,“topic”:“Sync up”,“host”:“Arun Raghavan",“email”:"arunragh@unifysquare.com”,“user_type”:“Pro”,“start_time”:“2019-06-05T14:30:49Z”,“end_time”:“2019-06-05T14:49:50Z”,“duration”:“19:01”,“participants”:2,“has_pstn”:false,“has_voip”:true,“has_3rd_party_audio”:false,“has_video”:true,“has_screen_share”:false,“has_recording”:false,“has_sip”:false},{“uuid”:“S6z0zd6LT5aBZcz6W4ERXw==”,“id”:120265380,“topic”:“PowerSuite Daily Scrum”,“host”:“Arul Santhanam",“email”:"asanthanam@unifysquare.com”,“user_type”:“Pro”,“start_time”:“2019-06-05T16:27:53Z”,“end_time”:“2019-06-05T16:52:16Z”,“duration”:“24:23”,“participants”:6,“has_pstn”:false,“has_voip”:true,“has_3rd_party_audio”:false,“has_video”:true,“has_screen_share”:false,“has_recording”:false,“has_sip”:false},{“uuid”:“n8Yd4iSoT9ajgVPHR3GZSQ==”,“id”:563043542,“topic”:“Arminr@unifysquare.com’s Zoom Meeting”,“ho …”,
“request_headers”: [
“authorization: ******”,
“connection: close”,
“user-agent: UnifySquare Zoom Data Extraction Service (1.0)”
],
“request_params”: [
“from: 2019-06-05T20:00:00Z”,
“page_size: 300”,
“to: 2019-06-06T04:00:00Z”,
“type: past”
],
“http_status”: “200”
}

I see also that the API documentation for the meetings list API uses date for the from and to request parameters. So, does this mean that this behavior is on purpose? One can’t retrieve less than a day’s worth of data?

Hi katy,

Let me consult on your issue with our engineers, and get back to you shortly.

Thanks!

HI Katy,

Apologies for the delayed response.

I have filed a bug for your request. In the meantime, can you provide us with a sample request?

Thanks

Hi @katyle,

At this time, it is not possible to get records for less than a day. That being said, I will file this as a feature request, so that our developers can consider adding these feature for future releases.

You can follow our changelog and developer roadmap to know about the latest features and updates.

Thanks

O.K. Thanks Ojus.

BTW. Can you share with us what the difference is between the past and pastOne parameter is for the V2/metrics/meetings/* requests are, and when we should use
each?

PS. I have been unable to sign up for the Zoom developer’s blog that one of your PMs has recommended. The first time, I simply never got the first-time E-mail.
I did check my clutter and junk folders. The second time, the sign up process asked me to select a bunch of non-Zoom topics that I’m interested in. I halted there, since I do not want my E-mail flooded with message that I’m not interested in. I already
get enough of those from channels that I need to be informed ofJ.

Thanks,

Katy

image001.png

image002.png

image003.jpg

Hi @katyle,

Here is what the parameters mean in your context:

Past: this parameter is used when the meeting has more than one attendee
pastOne: this parameter is used when the meeting has only one attendee.

I will get back to you with an update regarding the Zoom Developers blog soon!
Thanks

Thank you. Now, we just need to know how to predict which type of conference (single participant or multi-participant) a conference is when we get the meeting
uuid in the meeting.ended Web Hook event. We need to know this so that we don’t waste requests guessing which parameter to use for the meeting uuid seen in the meeting.ended event in the two v2/metrics/meetings/* REST API requests that we then make.

Thanks,

Katy

image001.png

image002.png

image003.jpg

Hi @katyle,

I have responded to your request here:

But, the meeting details API requires the type parameter, which requires the same information that we don’t have (e.g. whether it is a one participant meeting
or a multi-participant meeting).

I think that is an oversight in the way that the meeting.ended event integrates with the v2/metric/meetings/* REST APIs.

Katy

image001.png

image002.png

image003.jpg

Hi @katyle,

You can subscribe to the Meeting Participants Joined / Left event.. You would be able to use the participants’ data to determine the count of the meeting participants.

Thanks,