Unable to invite external members to a channel via API

When I try to invite external members (members who are not in the organization) to a Zoom channel via the Invite channel members API, I am getting the message”: “Invalid parameter: members error.

The member is in the contact list as an external member but is not added as a user in the organization, since they are an out-of-organization user. However, when we try to add them from the zoom app, we can add them to a channel.

Full URL: https://api.zoom.us/v2/chat/users/<user_id>/channels/<channel_id>/members

Full Request Body:

{ 
"members": [
        { 
"email": "rlasni@company.com"
         } 
            ] 
}

Error Message:
code:400
“message”: “Invalid parameter: members.”

The only time we can add them to a channel via the API is when we are trying to add them together with another user who is already added to the organization.

Hi @Lasni
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and welcome to our community!
I wanted to reach out to you to see if you were able to fix this issue or if you are still having trouble?
Best,
Elisa

Hi @elisa.zoom

We’re still facing this issue. I’d really appreciate your support on this.

Also, we noticed that the create channel API doesn’t allow to create new chats (type:4). Is this a limitation in the API? Is there a possible work-around for this?

Thank you for your time and support.

Best Regards,
Lasni.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.