Unable to update user pronouns using patch

How to programmatically update pronouns and pronoun preferences?

Description
PATCH /users/{userId} api call is not updating the pronouns.

Error
There is no error message received. Upon executing the request we get a 204 response. But the user details are not updated as per expectation.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
We use JWT auth for the same and we have admin scope granted for this endpoint.

Which Endpoint/s?
PATCH Users

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
    curl --location --request PATCH ‘https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/{email-address}
    –header 'Authorization: Bearer ’
    –header ‘Content-Type: application/json’
    –data-raw ‘{
    “pronouns”: “He/Him/His”,
    “pronouns_option”: 1
    }’
  2. Retrieve user to observe that neither pronouns nor the pronoun options are updated
    GET /users/{userId}

Additional Context
The PATCH users api call works fine to update the user’s firstname / lastname. Pronoun and pronoun options are not getting updated.

Hey @ajitg,

Thanks for raising this, and apologies for the trouble you’re seeing. To confirm, this is not reflected in the UI either, right? Have you tried passing the pronouns string in all lowercase as well?

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will,

That is correct. After pushing the change via API, I expected to first find it in my profile section. But I did not see that happen. But the updates went through when I updated my Display name.
The update did not work when I tried updating the pronouns and pronouns_options. I tried updating with lowercase pronouns too. No luck there either.

-Ajit

Hey @ajitg,

Thanks for confirming—Let me do some testing on my end and follow up with you here shortly.

Thanks,
Will

Hey @ajitg,

In testing this just now from my end, I’m able to update this OK using the payload you’re using. However, I noticed yours has curly brackets—can you double check that you’re passing " and not in your JSON?

Additionally, can you ensure that your account has the following setting enabled under Account Settings:

Let me know—thanks!
Will

Hi Will,

Thank you for trying out, But unfortunately I an still not able to update. Here I will be sharing a recording of the issue for your reference and I will paste the requests.

As for your second part of the question, I think that option is enabled because we are able to set them on the Zoom profile page and can see them in meetings. So this might not be the issue.

I will get back to you with the recordings. Do you have any preferred way of sharing the video file or simple google drive link is good enough?

-Ajit

For privacy and security reasons, I will be sharing these details via the support portal

Unable to update user pronouns using patch – Zoom Support

Please get the video from the ticket.

-Ajit

Thanks @ajitg,

Our team will be in touch shortly.

Best,
Will

Hi Team,
Checking back in if there is any further progress on this issue.
-Ajit

Hi @ajitg,

I can see your request is open with our Technical Support team, and they should be in touch shortly. Please use the support email for tracking this issue.

Thanks,
Zoom Developer Relations