Unique ID zoom phone recordings

Description
Hi,

I’m using the salesforce app, and would like to be able to match the recorded calls with the opportunity ID or other unique ID in salesforce. However, there’s no ID for the recorded calls within the Phone System Management section of zoom. I see there is an ID for the call in salesforce.

Is there a way to get an ID for the call recordings stored within zoom so I can match them to what happened in salesforce?

Thanks,

Ben

Which App?
Salesforce

Hey @ben4,

Let me double check to see if this is possible. (ZOOM-216696)

If not, I will add this as a feature request to our backlog. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @ben4,

After speaking with our engineers, they said the call log unique id will work if the users are in the same call queue, the call id is same. We generate the call log unique id using call id, call direction and user info.

But if you don’t get the call id from phone system. You can use phone number + direction.

We will link the recording/voice mail to the call log in our next release. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Tommy,

Thanks for looking into this. I have a few follow up questions.

1. Is it possible to have the unique ID attached to the task object in salesforce, so that I can get the records of all calls logged when export all the tasks? I checked and can’t find that any of the zoom specific info is exported along with the standard fields associated with the task object.

2. Is is possible to download all recordings from zoom at once? Right now it seems I would have to manually get them one by one from interface shown in the attached image.

Thanks again for your help,

Ben

Hey @ben4,

1. Let me check on this for you.

2. For Zoom Web Portal questions, please reach out to support.zoom.us. That being said, you can also use the API to download Phone Recordings.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @ben4,

1. You can create a formula field on the activity object.
IF( ISBLANK(zoom_app__Zoom_Call_Log__r.zoom_app__Calllog_Unique_ID__c) ,"",zoom_app__Zoom_Call_Log__r.zoom_app__Calllog_Unique_ID__c)

For examaple:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Tommy,

This is very helpful, thank you.

Ben

1 Like

Follow up questions, do you roughly when the next release will be?

Thanks again,

Ben

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

For the Salesforce Zoom App? We don’t have an exact timeline, but you can track the release notes here:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.