Using Zoom Api or Sdk to schedule a meeting and send invites on a web application in django

My team and I are working on a book club application for a university project. The web application is built using django. We had this idea to implement a function to allow bookclub organisers to schedule online meetings through our system and the system itself would send the invitations. However we do not want to hold these meeting in our application but for it to be simply the means for the meeting scheduling. We do not have a clear idea how to approach this problem and would like to ask for a step by step guide?

It is rather urgent and we are desperate for help. Thank you in advance for your help and time

Hi, @ina.a.borisova,

Welcome to the Developer Forum – I am happy to help. First, this question seems more API-related than SDK. Please use the #api-and-webhooks category for API questions.

That aside, you can accomplish scheduling meetings through our system by:

1. Creating OAuth or JWT Marketplace Apps. Using the App’s generated credentials, you would need to make an API POST request with our Create Meeting API to Schedule a meeting. You can test this workflow and generate a code snippet with an API testing tool like Postman.

Here is the Python code snippet generated by Postman for example:

import requests
import json

url = "https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/{YOUREMAIL.COM}/meetings"

payload = json.dumps({
  "start_time": "2019-08-24T14:15:22Z",
  "settings": {
    "email_notification": False,
    "registrants_confirmation_email": False,
    "registrants_email_notification": False,
    "registration_type": 1,
    "waiting_room": True
  }
})
headers = {
  'Authorization': 'Bearer {YOUR TOKEN}',
  'Content-Type': 'application/json',
  'Cookie': '_zm_chtaid=87; _zm_ctaid=52vxmekvSriUdCg8tYLWew.1645828579267.7b03b03758f771e3c97150af72d1e1df; _zm_lang=en-US; _zm_mtk_guid=b2fed383f6f345c78ef07479027467b9; _zm_page_auth=aw1_c_r4BN_0wsTIC6_me1DXw-5A; _zm_ssid=aw1_c_mcmYkzPTRgqlzcKk5UA-hA; cred=D466E9C9857F6271701AFF48348B991D'
}

response = requests.request("POST", url, headers=headers, data=payload)

print(response.text)
  1. In the Create Meeting API setting Object, be sure to set the email notification property to false. This will enable your system itself to send the invitations. Here is the created Meeting API setting Object for reference:

I hope this helps !

Best,
Donte

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.