Video paused after back from background but video sound still available

Description
after I go to background (open status bar,etc) and back to my app MobileRTCVideoView or MobileRTCActiveShareView pause the video screen but the video sound still available.
note: I use MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingSettings()?.enableCustomMeeting = true on this project

I already setup

on AppDelegate:

func applicationWillTerminate(_ application: UIApplication) {
        MobileRTC.shared().appWillTerminate()
    }

func applicationDidBecomeActive(_ application: UIApplication) {
        MobileRTC.shared().appDidBecomeActive()
    }

func applicationWillResignActive(_ application: UIApplication) {
        MobileRTC.shared().appWillResignActive()
    }

func applicationDidEnterBackground(_ application: UIApplication) {
        MobileRTC.shared().appDidEnterBackgroud()
    }

on project setting:

so, what shoul I do for make the video screen resumed when app back from background? Thank you

Which iOS Meeting SDK version?
zoom-sdk-ios-5.7.6.1080

To Reproduce(If applicable)
the reproduce can be seen on video

Screenshots
video sample:

Hey @janTatang,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Where in your viewcontroller lifecycle are you calling the showAttendeeVideo function?

Thanks!
Michael

actually I call showAttendeeVideo function on onWaitingRoomStatusChange(_: )

Hey @janTatang,

Does it effect the behavior if you call it again in viewWillAppear?

Thanks!
Michael

sorry sir, actualy viewWillAppear only response on View Controller before the view are visible (it’s reinit view process), so it won’t called again if I only back focus the app again from background.

So, should I re-configure the parent view again by removing MobileRTCVideoView or MobileRTCActiveShareView from the super view and add it again every time callback applicationDidBecomeActive called (applicationDidBecomeActive is called everytime application become active from background)?

Hi @janTatang,

Based on the information you’ve provided it seems that the video is only started when you join the meeting via waiting room. I would recommend using the onMeetingStateChange callback instead, as it is more comprehensive.

The above change probably won’t fix your issue though, unless you’re disconnecting/reconnecting to the meeting when you background the app. Can you try calling showAttendeeVideo in the applicationDidBecomeActive callback?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.