Web Video SDK: Session vs Web Client SDK: Meeting

Hi,
Before all, sorry if it’s not posted in the good category.

Description
Can someone explain me what is the differences between the Web Video SDK ‘Session’ and the Web Client SDK ‘meeting’ ?
And how I can generate a valid JWT to create a meeting with a Video SDK account ?

Indeed, I’m not able to create a meeting with the Video SDK Credentials.
To resume :
I. With (developer account) JWT app credentials (and generated JWT), I’m able to make the following request :
POST /v2/users/me/meetings
II. With ( ??? Video SDK ??? account) Video SDK app credentials, I’m not able to create a meeting. I got a 401 response (I followed this one to generate JWT zoom-api-jwt/index.js at master · zoom/zoom-api-jwt · GitHub) - invalid access token

Error
Maybe it’s me :slight_smile:
– UPDATE –
And also, I was not able to create a devforum account with the Video SDK account.

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
You need logged in a Video SDK account.

1. Go to ‘App Marketplace
  2. Not able to create JWT app (thus, I can’t retrieve JWT app key/secret, thus I can’t create a meeting)

Thanks !

Hey @zazapeta,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. First, it’s important to note that the Video SDK doesn’t have a concept of meetings. Instead, this is something that you will want to implement within your app.

On that same note, the Video SDK credentials won’t work when calling the API. You’ll want to maintain separate credentials when using the Video SDK and API.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

Thank you for your reply.

Thank you :slight_smile: . This is what I understood.

Please, tell me how to do that :pray: . I’m completely lost :sob:

Here is my story :

I created a developer account. Then a JWT app. Picked the JWT, and, successfully display a meeting in my web app (with ZoomMettingManager, ect.). A this point : Honestly, felt in love with the developer experience provided.

Today, I want to provide this ‘zoom meeting experience’ to my users without re-implement all the ‘meeting’ features.
For tomorrow, I want a ‘more integrated’ video experience for my users.
So I created a Video SDK account to be able, in the future, to use the Video SDK - BUT - with this account, I’m not able to create a JWT app (neither a forum account). It’s like, the level of the account is not granted to (I don’t know).

So my hypothesis is that Video SDK app and JWT app can’t be together on the same account (as we can see on the screenshot below - the JWT app type is not displayed).

Thank you again for your help !

P.S : To post this message, I picked my ‘developer’ account.

Hey @zazapeta,

Thank you for providing the additional detail, that helped to clear up the issue you’re encountering. You’re correct in that the account that holds your Zoom account and JWT apps is separate from the account that you will use for the Video SDK.

For this reason, you will have two separate accounts - one for Zoom Marketplace and one for Zoom Video SDK. The credentials can’t be used between the accounts.

I hope that clarifies things, if not let me know! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hi @MaxM,

Thank you for your reply :pray: !

From my point of view (developer), it’s weird that we have to manage those apps in separate account. I guess that will come in the future (or maybe a little message that explain it : "Hello: are you searching JWT app ? You have to create a developer account. Video SDK account type can’t live with JWT app.".) .
I lost a lot of time trying to fix it because the lack of this message. Definitely, this not developer experience friendly (not on you @MaxM - thank you again for your precious help :wink: ! )

I like the pricing plan ‘pay-as-you-go’ unlocked into Video SDK account type and I would have hoped that I can used it with my JWT app. (Please Zoom sales team, read this message :pray: :smiley: )

If I’m correct, for this moment, I have to manage ‘Meetings’ with my developer account (and their pricing monthly fixed plans)
And, when I’m ready to, I have to re-implement ‘Meetings’ stuff with the VideoSDK and ‘Sessions’ stuff.

Thanks again.

Hey @zazapeta,

I appreciate your feedback on how we can improve our messaging around the two accounts that are needed and also improve our developer experience in general. This is something we take very seriously especially with a powerful new SDK like the Video SDK.

I’ll be sure to bring this up to the team when I get the chance.

I’m thrilled hear that I’ve been helpful :smiley:

Yes, that’s correct!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.