WebGLContextLost

Hello,

I need to display the video of each participant separately in circles. So I had to go through the solution of displaying each video individually in a separate canvas. After 4-5 participants I have a WebGlContextLost error, I read that it came from the capacities of the CPU. After long hours of research I have not been able to resolve my problem.

Any ideas ?

Hey @ALanois

Thanks for your feedback.

Using separate canvases may cause WebGlContextLost error is a known issue. For performance considerations, we recommend using a single canvas to draw videos.

Thanks
Vic

Hello,
Thank for your answer. How am I supposed to display video like the following with a single canvas ?

On top of that I’ve read in the docs that Safari and Firefox can’t handle multiple videos in a single canvas.
Thanks

Hey @ALanois

We cannot support the requirement so far, virtual background and canvas background features are still under development.

Thanks
Vic

Hello,
Thank for your answer.
I have to admit i’m disappointed because this solution was supposed to offer a fully customizable solution but there are still limits in the customization.
And now I am stuck with no solution to be able to fix this problem.

1 Like

We’re also getting this WebGLContextLost and we are using a single canvas. If someone leaves and comes back 3 times, on the third time we get this error and the video stops working until you reset the app. Any word on what could be causing this? Is there something special we should be doing when stopping the video or to the canvas?

Hi,
I’ve searched how we could prevent this issues by cleaning a webGlContext after we destroy a Canvas but I seems that this is something impossible in our case.
After you use renderVideo you can’t use the method getContext(‘webgl’) on your canvas because the controls are already transferred to offscreen.

Is there an ETA on when there will be an update on the canvas feature? This bug is super annoying.

Hey @joshua.coffman

We haven’t tested the case you mentioned, for now, maybe you can destroy the canvas when the session is over and reconstruct a canvas when the session starts as a workaround.

Thanks
Vic

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.