Why 'End meeting' doesn't end it actually?

I have wondered why the meetings don’t end automatically when the host push the ‘End Meeting’ button in the JSSDK or either the meeting created inside the Zoom Account and started through the browser, I have to do it manually? If this command don’t finishes the meeting, how should I do then? I doesn’t seems logical to end a meeting manually with the API Endpoint ‘…/meetings/{meetingId}/status’ after the meeting been already finished…

And I do want to know, why after using the manual endpoint to finish it, the status goes back to “waiting”?

Hi @famorim,

We have received your request and will update you shortly.

Thanks

Hi @famorim,

When you try to End the meeting, do you have the Role parameter set to 1? By doing that, after you click end meeting, it should end the meeting for all attendees.

Hi @michael_p.zoom,

Probably I wasn’t clear enough about the question, it does end the meeting that it’s live. However, I don’t understand why the status of the meeting goes back to waiting, instead of completely finishing the meeting. By finishing I mean: never been able to start the meeting with that specific ID again. How does it works? I would like to never let either the host or anyone enter that meeting again.

And that leads to another question, that’s the reason why I can’t use the Previous Meeting Endpoint? (It does not find the meeting ID).

Hi @famorim,

Our meeting IDs are designed to be reused and not fully deleted. One workaround is to password protect your meeting or have a registrant enabled meeting then cancel the registration for the attendees after the meeting ends.

Are you referring to the Retrieve Past Meeting Details[1]? If so then you will need to use the meeting UUID instead of ID.

1 - https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/pastmeetingdetails

Thanks

Hi @michael_p.zoom,

Yes, I am referring to Retrieve Past Meeting Details as you mentioned. However I’m having problems while retrieving the meeting, passing it’s UUID, I double encoded it as the API asked to make the request, but it can’t find the meeting… Already tried what is explained in another topic: https://devforum.zoom.us/t/this-meeting-is-not-available-or-id-is-not-valid/1602/14, but with no success…

Thanks for the explanation about the meeting IDs, and the possible workaround!

Yours sincerely,
Fernando K. G. A.

@famorim

What is the meeting ID or Meeting UUID that you’re trying to pass?

Thanks

@michael_p.zoom

This is the Meeting UUID I’m tryning to pass: hsj%252B58i0SUi5ppaLdJ%252FrWg%253D%253D . And any other meeting that I had tried just can’t retrieve details of the past meeting (https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/pastmeetingdetails) .

Thanks,
Fernando K. G. A.

Hi @famorim,

Looks like your account is a Free account and webinar is not enabled yet. The UUID that you provided, which account is this coming from? Also, do you have the Webinar ID?

Thanks

Hi @michael_p.zoom, this isn’t an webinar, it’s an scheduled meeting. It comes from an another account, sorry for not mentioning it…:

account

E-mail: vcesar@arbit.onmicrosoft.com
UserID: 9rxdF7DeRP2Uj52vGwa87w

It’s Meeting ID is: 624651352.

Thanks,
Fernando K. G. A.

Hi @famorim,

It looks like the past meetings API is not returning for 624651352 because the meeting only had one attendee. The meeting needs to have at least two members to return data from our API.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @michael_p.zoom,

Thanks for clearing that out! If possible, let this comment written inside the documentation! I will test this as soon as possible!

Yours sincerely,
Fernando K. G. A.

Hi @famorim,

Sure, we’ll make sure to update our documentation. Let us know if that works for you, if not feel free to reply back!

Thanks

Hi @michael_p.zoom,

I had tried what you suggested, so I used other browsers to simulate more people, but even making more people join and finishing the meeting after, to act like it is an “past meeting”, I couldn’t retrieve the details of the meeting… Error: “This meeting is not available or ID is not valid.”. Don’t know if still an issue with the double encoded UUID, because I’m sending it correctly…

Here is it’s ID: 840797973 and UUID: ( uzrALU3WTVKl2v1wJD8Caw== ). I had used the same account as before:

Thanks,
Fernando K. G. A.

I discovered why the meeting details wasn’t working… The UUID that is returned at the meeting creation, isn’t the same when the meeting is ended… This is the UUID that is returned when retrieving a meeting: ( uzrALU3WTVKl2v1wJD8Caw== ), and this is the UUID shown in ended meeting instances: ( T9s/1wF4Th6zOwCQy7pD1w== ). WHY it is different? Couldn’t be the same as being the FIRST occurrence?

Thanks,
Fernando K. G. A.

Okay so… What I have found… If you start an meeting BEFORE it’s time, it doesn’t initiate as the meeting UUID in the moment of it’s creation, it creates another one… However, if you start it AFTER the time scheduled, the meeting UUID of that instance initiated after the time, by the end of it, will have the same UUID described in it’s creation.

Fernando K. G. A.

Hi @famorim,

You are correct, you’ll have two UUIDs for when scheduling a meeting and another after the meeting starts. Did that resolve your issue? We’ll make sure to update our docs to reflect the UUID being changed once a meeting starts.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @michael_p.zoom,

Yes, that has resolved the issue!

Thanks,
Fernando K. G. A.

2 Likes

@famorim Thats good to hear, let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks