Zoom API -- Sandbox and Production Same time

Description
Is it possible to have the Zoom API connected to the sandbox and production at the same time? Working on using the API to bring over the custom registration question but it is working in our production but need to build out some process in our sandbox?

Also, is it possible to rectroactively sync webinar information when connecting the API? It appears after I tried to use the same API in production and sandbox that the new webinars created in Zoom were created in the sandbox and not in production. So wanna somehow get those new webinars.

Thanks,
Shawn

@tommy :grin: thought maybe you could quickly answer!

Hey @shawn_jstreet,

Do you mean having both the production and development version of your apps installed at the same time?

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy for your response. Not apps both installed but information flowing into
Both production and sandbox. It appears registrant information. An only flow into one or the other. Please let me know the best solution to make this happen

Hey @shawn_jstreet,

Gotcha, the best way to make a sandbox environment is to create a seperate Zoom account or user to have the app installed and do the development.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy~

OK, I explored your option and that doesn’t appear to work. I created an admin user in Zoom and Sandbox (salesforce). Now, in order for me to connect the integration in Sandbox, I need an API key which I’ve already configured in JWT in Zoom Marketplace. I cannot use that same API key to connect this data into sandbox as the production is already using it. Any other thoughts how I can get the information flowing into sandbox AND production. The app is already flowing the data into the Production. I am looking to make modifications to the API in sandbox.

Thank you, @tommy y

@tommy

Another update. So since I had already configured the JWT in our zoom for our organization. I created a new zoom admin account separate from our J Street account. I was able to create a new API key and secret. However, since it’s not connected to our account, the account with the webinar license (there is only 1 account that has a webinar license and it’s not any of the admin accounts), it’s not having the information flow. Let me know what other ways we can do this. This is slightly urgent.

Thank you very much.

Hey @shawn_jstreet,

Gotcha, but your original (main) Zoom account with the Webinar feature would not be a sandbox environment though since you are using the webinar for real events?

You can request a webinar free trial for your seperate sandbox account so you can generate test webinar data without effecting your actual webinars. Feel free to reach out to sales or isv@zoom.us asking for a webinar free trial so you can test the APIs.

Another option could be to use an OAuth app, which has a development and production environment, but pulls data from the same place (user / account).

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

@tommy thanks for that. That’s absolutely correct. The information would still flow into production since we are actually using it for real events.

I couldn’t quite figure out how to use the OAuthApp for Salesforce since the integration calls for the API and secret Key. And I don’t think I can use the OAuthApp interchangeable since I don’t code. But I may end up reaching out to sales.

Stay tuned!

Shawn

1 Like

Hey @shawn_jstreet,

Gotcha! Keep me updated and let me know if I can help in any other way!

BTW, have you tried using the Salesforce Zoom App?

Thanks,
Tommy