Zoom back button handling

Description
During the meeting, click the physical back button on Android device, it looks quit the apps. However, may I know if it can disable the physical back button during the meeting?

Which version?
Using SDK 4.4.57218.1211.

Hi shingshing6,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. If you are using Zoom default UI, you may refer to my answer in this post to override the back button action: Onbackpress to go out of application

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi Carson,

I have encounter another issue now. When using the old phone and use the SDK in my app, let say Samsung S6 (os: 6.0.1), my app will restart automatically after leave the meeting. Is it related to the RAM issue or else? New phone without any problems (let say Samsung Note9)

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks.

Attached the log for your investigation. Please download the log here.

Hi

Are you experiencing this with 4.4.57218.1211? There was a known issue with v4.4.56624.1028 that the meeting will restart again after leaving the meeting, and it should be fixed in 4.4.57218.1211. Could you have a try with the latest version of SDK and see if this issue persists? I will forward your log to the engineering team for investigation.

Thanks!

Hi Carson,

I am already using SDK 4.4.57218.1211. This is the latest non-androidx version I used.

Thanks.

Hi Carson,

May I know the blow items?

1. Disable the ‘Participants-> invite’ function during the meeting
  2. Language is not align when I click into ‘Participants’. Currently I am using English, when I click into ‘Participants’ it shows Chinese. How to solve it?

Thanks.

Hi shingshing6,

Thanks for the reply. Regarding your questions:

1). Yes, you could use the no_invite in MeetingOption to hide it:https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-android/us/zoom/sdk/MeetingOptions.html#no_invite
2). If you set the https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-android/us/zoom/sdk/ZoomSDK.html#getSdkLocale-android.content.Context- to be Chinese, all UI should show Chinese. Could you provide any screenshot on this?

Would upgrading to AndroidX project feasible to you? It seems like you are still using the non-AndroidX version and you won’t be able to have the fixes and new features in the later SDK versions. We did a lot of enhancement in the later SDKs to ensure a better experience.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

1. I cannot find anywhere to set the no_invite. Please check the code i am using.

public class MyMeetingActivity extends MeetingActivity {

private ZoomSDK mZoomSDK;

@Override
protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
    super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

Bundle extras = getIntent().getExtras();

String language = extras.getString("language", "CHI");

mZoomSDK = ZoomSDK.getInstance();

if ("en".equals(reactLanguage)){
        mZoomSDK.setSdkLocale(this, Locale.ENGLISH);
    } else {
        mZoomSDK.setSdkLocale(this, Locale.TRADITIONAL_CHINESE);
    }

if (mZoomSDK.isLoggedIn()) {
        finish();
        return;
    }

if (mZoomSDK.isInitialized()) {
        JoinMeetingParams params = new JoinMeetingParams();
        params.meetingNo = "123123123";
        params.password = "123123123";

params.displayName = "Hello world";
        ZoomSDK.getInstance().getMeetingService().joinMeetingWithParams(this, params);

ZoomSDK.getInstance().getMeetingSettingsHelper().enable720p(true);
    } else {
        Toast.makeText(this, "SDK is not ready", Toast.LENGTH_LONG);
    }

}

@Override
public void onBackPressed() {
    onClickLeave();
}

}

1. Please refer to the code above too for the language settings. Attached the screens for reference.

PS: I am not feasible to use AndroidX.

Thanks

Hi @shingshing6,

Thanks for providing the code snippet and the screenshot.

1). You could add a JoinMeetingOption before joining the meeting like this:

JoinMeetingOptions opts = new JoinMeetingOptions();
opts.no_invite = true;
ZoomSDK.getInstance().getMeetingService().joinMeetingWithParams(this, params, opts);

2). You need to set the language before SDK initialization(Before calling initialize()). But I am not very sure how you make the language to be half English and half Chinese. It should be either successfully changed to Chinese, or if failed , everything is in English. Here are some screenshots:

(You can see I disabled the invite button here)

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi Carson,

Thanks for your help. I can disable the invite button now.

By the way, any update for the crash issue mentioned above?

Hi shingshing6,

We have analyzed the log you’ve provided above, in fact, everything looks working fine. So we are not able to identify the root cause from the provided info. Is your app itself getting restarted after leaving the meeting or the meeting is getting restarted by itself after leaving the meeting?

If it is your app that restarts, then it might be an Android issue, not an SDK issue. There are several reasons that could cause this, hope the following link could be helpful:

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi Carson,

May I know how to extend or override the leave button action (The top right corner button)?

Thanks.

Hi shingshing6,

You could override the method onClickLeave(), it is the same process as overriding the back button.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi Carson,

Thanks for your support.

May I know if I can only disable the meeting_id and meeting_password in the title bar?

It is because JoinMeetingOptions.no_titlebar will disable all included the change camera option.

Hi shingshing6,

You could either customize the meeting title to something else using: https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-android/us/zoom/sdk/MeetingOptions.html#custom_meeting_id

Or use the NO_TEXT_MEETING_ID and NO_TEXT_PASSWORD in https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-android/us/zoom/sdk/MeetingViewsOptions.html

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi Carson,

Thanks.

1. Can you provide more details about how to pass the MeetingViewsOptions to the SDK? The joinMeetingWithParams seems does not support MeetingViewsOptions.

2. May I know how to disable the edit name feature in ‘participants->Rename’?

Hi shingshing6,

1). The MeetingViewOptions is available in JoinMeetingOptions:

JoinMeetingOptions opts =ZoomMeetingUISettingHelper.getJoinMeetingOptions();
        opts.meeting_views_options = MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_MORE + MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_SHARE;

Then calling the joinMeetingWithParams(context, param, opts) to join a meeting. Our demo app has the implementation: https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-android/blob/master/mobilertc-android-studio/sample/src/main/java/us/zoom/sdksample/inmeetingfunction/zoommeetingui/ZoomMeetingUISettingHelper.java#L28

2). We do not have an interface to disable that.

Hope this helps. Thanks!