Zoom REST API to delete recording:: Not working

Hi,
We have been using following API to delete recorded meeting from Zoom cloud:

var api = "https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/" + meeting_id + "/recordings";
        var auth = "Bearer " + zoomaccesstoken;

request.delete( {
            url: api,
            headers : {
             "Authorization" : auth
            }

It stopped working from 25th October. We are getting complaints from our customers that the meeting has not been moved to trash.

Please help to find out actual issue.
Thanks.
Regards,
Selva

Hey @selva.iyyamperumal,

I just tried on my end and I was able to successfully delete a meeting recording.

Can you please share the error message?

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tom. We got following error. Not for all the customers though.
2019-11-01 13:34:51 -07:00: Error from Zoom = Token might have expired for email=cindy@cynthiahardwick.com
2019-11-01 13:34:51 -07:00: zoom refresh url = https://zoom.us/oauth/token?grant_type=refresh_token&refresh_token=

&redirect_uri=https://connect.splain.io/gdrive/zoomcallback email= cindy@cynthiahardwick.com
2019-11-01 13:34:51 -07:00: { reason: ‘Invalid Token!’, error: ‘invalid_request’ }
2019-11-01 13:34:51 -07:00: FATAL - could not get zoom token

I have removed the refresh token. If you need, I will send it you.
Thanks.

Hi Tom,
Any update? please share with us.

Thanks.
Regards,
Selva

Hi @selva.iyyamperumal,

Have you used the latest refresh token? You can Direct message me the refresh token that you have if needed.

Hi @selva.iyyamperumal,

I’ve tested on our end. Looks like this refresh token is no longer valid. Can you verify that the refresh token that you used is the latest one that was used with access token? If you aren’t able to verify you may need to re-authenicate to get a new access & refresh token pair.

Thanks

Hi Michael,
We always get the latest refresh token if it is not valid using the API. We have already asked the customer to re-authenticate both Zoom and her Google Drive. Hope that process work out.

Thanks for your help.

Hey @selva.iyyamperumal,

Let us know if that fixes the issue! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tom,
More customers are reporting same issue: delete recording is not working. We are using-

var api = "https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/" + meeting_id + "/recordings";
        var auth = "Bearer " + zoomaccesstoken;

request.delete( {
            url: api,
            headers : {
             "Authorization" : auth
            }

We are not getting any error from Zoom server though. is there any issue with this code?

Please let us know if you need more info.
Thanks.
Regards,
Selva

Hey @selva.iyyamperumal,

Do you get any response? Since deleting files is async the delete could take a few minutes to complete.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tom,
We are not getting any error. But still some of the customers still reporting this issue. Please help us to find the cause. Please let us know if you need more info.

Thanks.
Regards,
Selva

Hey @selva.iyyamperumal,

Can you private message me the download_url and meetingID for the meetings this is happening for.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tom,

. We have already asked the customer to re-authenticate both Zoom and her Google Drive. Hope that process work out.
This re-auth process solved the issue with that customer. Now we are not getting that refresh token error and the customer confirmed that it is working now.

We asked other affected customers (who didn’t get any error) to check again and get back to us. We will share it when they do.

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Selva

Hey @selva.iyyamperumal,

Thanks for the update!

-Tommy

Hi Tom,
The customer ( cindy@cynthiahardwick.com) who did the re-authentication process has reported that some of her meeting recordings are not deleted in Zoom cloud. We are not getting any refresh token error for her now. We haven’t touched our code and using same code segment. We are wondering why it is not working sometimes. I will forward her email to you. Please let us know if you need more info.

Thanks.
Regards,
Selva

Hey @selva.iyyamperumal,

Please see my reply to your private message. It looks like your delete requests are failing due to expired access_tokens.

Thanks,
Tommy

We are checking it Tom. If the access_token is expired, we refresh it and call delete API. I have sent you the log in private msg.

Thanks.
Selva

Thanks for the logs and details @selva.iyyamperumal!

-Tommy

Thanks Tom. Please check the private msg.

Will do. Let’s move our discussion solely to private. (JRIA ZOOM-126551)

Thanks,
Tommy