Zoom Rooms Controller url schema

Hi all.
As I know there is a topic with Zoom URL schemes https://developer.zoom.us/article/zoom-url-schemes/
But I need a way to start/switch to Zoom Rooms Controller from my ios app.
Could you please me give it?

Hi Raz1988,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Are you referring to our Zoom Room product?(https://zoom.us/zoomrooms) Our SDK does not support Zoom Room. If you would like to start meeting from Zoom URL directly, unfortunately, it is not possible at this point. Starting a meeting directly via URL is expected to be available in the next release. Please follow our Github repo and get the latest update.

Thank you!

Yes, it’s all about Zoom Room.
I’m looking for URL schema which I can use to start/open Zoom Room IOS app from my own app.
For example: “tel:” to start phone call, “sms:” to start sms, “zoomus:” to start zoom (not zoom room) etc.

Any Update on this feature?

Hey @saas,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

This is feature currently not supported.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi - do you have a plan to implement this? I have a control system that can link to other apps and I would love to be able to launch the Zoom Rooms Controller app from my system. Thanks.

Hi @audiomation, thanks for using the dev forum.

Unfortunately we still do not have any plans of releasing an iOS SDK for controlling Zoom Rooms.

Thanks!

Hi Jon,

I must say that I am very impressed with your prompt reply. I am clearly new to this forum and had no idea if I should even expect a response.

I wasn’t clear. I’m not looking for an API per se. I’m looking for a simple ‘iOS URL’ to allow my control system’s app to launch your Zoom Controller app. My client has migrated from a high-$$$ Cisco/Tandberg SX80 video conference system to Zoom. So far the experience has been an improvement which is very impressive.

But the entire room is controlled by this system: 4 TV lifts, pop-up microphones in a huge conference table, camera PTZ, audio levels, etc. But once they get into conference mode they use the Zoom Controller app to initiate or receive calls. So I want my control system to be able to hand over control of the iPad to your app.

Like this, but not for the Zoom conference app, instead for the Zoom Room Controller.

I hope that’s more clear. I am under the impression that the app has to declare something to iOS to allow it to be linked to. From my control system I can link to dozens of app, e.g. thermostat apps, lighting control app, music streaming apps; the list is huge. I can link to one of your apps, but not the one I want.

Thanks for your consideration.

Hi Audiomation.
I didnt find any solution of this, so I decided to make my own Zoom Room Controller app with ZR API three years ago.
Programming took up to four weeks. I used only Iridium mobile app inside Ipad without any additional room controller like Crestron|Extron.
It has some small restrictions, because of ZRAPI implementation, but most of features works.

Now Zoom Teams make a Room Control JSON Profile but it still have not enough power to implement it in a big conferencing halls.

Hi @audiomation,

So based on your description, you are looking to launch the Zoom Rooms app via URL, rather than attempt to control Zoom Rooms within your own app, right? If that’s the case, it may be a good idea to reach out through our Help Center to get more information on whether or not this is supported, as our Meeting SDK is not directly responsible for functionality directly related to Zoom Rooms.

Please let me know if I’m misunderstanding and this is something related to the SDK and I will be happy to help.

Thanks!

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply. Not sure how I missed it until now. Yes, that is exactly what I am looking for: the iOS URL/URI to launch the Zoom Rooms Controller app from my control system’s app.

That’s what Raz1988’s objective was also. He wrote his own app using your SDK as an alternative, which is way too extreme for me. I simply want to have my control system offer a button to get the user directly to the native Zoom control app rather than him having to hit the iPad Home button then search for the ZRC app. Seems simple enough.

I’ll try the Help Center as you suggest, but I am quite surprised that two years after Raz1988 first asked for this link we still don’t have a resolution.

Thanks.

Raz1988,

Thanks for your reply. It’s pretty impressive that you wrote your own app in the face of Zoom not providing a simple link to launch their app from within another app, but that’s definitely not the way I’m going to go. I’d rather use their native functionality so there’s no finger-pointing or missing features, not to mention the enormous effort to create an app from scratch using their API.

I can’t believe it’s at all difficult or time-consuming for Zoom to add a declaration to their app to permit it being linked to. It’s probably another few minutes’ time to include the functionality of permitting a return to the called app, which is pretty basic functionality for many, many iOS apps already and has been for many years.

I tried the Help Center but it’s not useful to me because I don’t have an account that will get me anything but a bot.

Hi @audiomation,

I completely understand where you’re coming from, but we can really only help with direct usage of the Meeting SDK on this forum. If the Help Center is not what you’re looking for, we also have the Zoom Community. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!