Zoom web SDK showing black screen after join

Hi,
Am facing issues with web-sdk, It is showing a black screen after calling ZoomMtg.join and not showing any error or success. It only shows a black screen after joining.

SDK version : “@zoomus/websdk”: “^2.17.0”
React version : “react”: “^17.0.1”

Sample code which I am using

import { ZoomMtg } from "@zoomus/websdk";

ZoomMtg.setZoomJSLib('https://source.zoom.us/2.17.0/lib', '/av');
ZoomMtg.preLoadWasm();
ZoomMtg.prepareJssdk();

ZoomMtg.init({
    debug: true,
    leaveUrl: process.env.REACT_APP_ZOOM_LEAVE_URL,
    isSupportAV: true,
    meetingInfo: [
        // optional
        "topic",
        "host",
        "mn",
        "participant",
        "dc",
        "enctype",
        "report",
    ],
    success: (success) => {
        ZoomMtg.join({
            signature: signature,
            sdkKey: process.env.REACT_APP_ZOOM_SDK_KEY,
            meetingNumber: meeting.liveSessionDetails.id,
            userName: 'Presenter', 
            passWord: meeting.liveSessionDetails.password,
            zak: zak,
            success: (success) => {
                ZoomMtg.showInviteFunction({
                    show: false
                });

return true;
            },
            error: (error) => {
                return false;
            },
        });
    },
    error: (error) => {
        return false;
    },
});

I have been using this code/meeting SDK past few years, It was working fine from last week onwards this issue is getting after updating to 2.17.0.

Thanks and Regards

Hi @WebDev-neyyar
Thanks for reaching out to us! I hear that you are having issues with the Zoom web meeting SDK.
could you please try updating to the latest version which is 2.18.0 and try again

I’ve the same issue using version 2.18.0
with this error:
TypeError: m.AK.connectSocket is not a function

I had the same issue, and I got a note from zoom telling u if u want to use client view then ur react version should be 16 or less to work with u.

It seems like you’re encountering an issue with the Zoom Web SDK where joining a meeting results in a black screen without any error or success message. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve the issue:

1. Check Browser Console:
  • Open the browser console (usually by right-clicking on the page and selecting “Inspect” → “Console” tab) and check for any error messages or warnings related to the Zoom Web SDK. This can provide more insights into what might be causing the black screen.
  1. Web SDK Compatibility:
  • Ensure that your application and the Zoom Web SDK are using compatible versions. Sometimes, issues can arise if there is a mismatch between the SDK version and the application code. Verify that you are using a version of the Web SDK that is compatible with your application.
  1. Update Zoom Web SDK:
  • Check if there is a newer version of the Zoom Web SDK available. If so, consider updating to the latest version to see if the issue has been addressed in a newer release.
  1. Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS):
  • Verify that your server is configured to allow cross-origin requests. Zoom Web SDK makes requests to Zoom servers, and CORS issues can sometimes cause problems. Ensure that your server is configured to allow the necessary origins.
  1. Meeting Configuration:
  • Double-check the meeting configuration parameters such as meetingNumber, userName, passWord, etc. Ensure that these values are correct and match the settings of the Zoom meeting.
  1. Browser Compatibility:
  • Ensure that you are using a browser that is officially supported by the Zoom Web SDK. Check the official Zoom Web SDK documentation for the list of supported browsers and their versions.
  1. Network Issues:
  • Check if there are any network issues that might be affecting the connection to the Zoom servers. Issues such as firewalls, proxies, or VPNs can impact the Web SDK’s ability to connect.
  1. Revert to Previous SDK Version:
  • As a temporary measure, you can try reverting to a previous version of the Zoom Web SDK that was known to work with your application. This can help isolate whether the issue is specific to the SDK version.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, it’s recommended to reach out to Zoom Developer Support for more personalized assistance. They can provide insights based on the specific details of your integration and help troubleshoot the problem effectively.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.