124 Forbidden when attempting to download cloud recordings

Description
When attempting to download meeting recordings I am getting a 124 Forbidden error. I am able to get the list of recordings associated with a meeting, however when I try to download them I get the error. As per the docs site I am appending ?access_token=<MY ACCESS TOKEN> to the url returned by the api

Error
{"status":false,"errorCode":124,"errorMessage":"Forbidden"}

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?

/meetings/{meetingId}/recordings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)

curl --request GET \
--url https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/9Tdc6KupQ8KFrO32dTd6cg==/recordings \
--header 'authorization: Bearer *******`

Truncated response:

{
  "uuid": "9Tdc6KupQ8KFrO32dTd6cg==",
  "recording_files": [
    {
      "id": "f9f8eb95-1553-4035-b88a-abce7cf4283a",
      "download_url": "https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/download/6517f7z6pz43G9GQswSDAvV8W461Jvqsg3NNr_Remku3W3NSNAeiNbdDYFnOUwFYYr9xnOqcgpRb4z0",
      "status": "completed",
      "recording_type": "shared_screen_with_speaker_view"
    }
  ]
}
curl "https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/download/6517f7z6pz43G9GQswSDAvV8W461Jvqsg3NNr_Remku3W3NSNAeiNbdDYFnOUwFYYr9xnOqcgpRb4z0?access_token=******"

Response:

Additional context
I believe the oauth roles granted to me by our integration are currently: recording:read and recording:write.

Hi @will1, do you have any account or group-level authentication requirements on your account? If you have Admin / Developer permission, can you use a JWT (instead of OAuth) to the end of this as the access token?

I’m having exactly the same problem! Thought I was going mad. Any further word @michael.zoom or @tommy?

Only happens with password-protected recordings. Including ?access_token=jwt

The jwt is an oauth user-level jwt with scope recording:read

Hi @james2, an OAuth access token is not an account-level JSON Web Token. Can you create a JWT app on the Marketplace, then use a JWT instead of OAuth?

My understanding was that JWT apps are for a totally different purpose to oauth apps. Do JWT apps have granular permission scopes, installable by non-admin users? I don’t want to ask large corp/edu institutions to give me permission to their entire accounts, and I don’t think they would even if I did. But even further still, my understanding was that a JWT app gives me permission to my own Zoom account, not connections between my product and other people’s Zoom accounts via the marketplace.

Hey @james2,

You are correct. That being said, OAuth apps will be able to download cloud recordings in a release this weekend. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,
I am getting the same error (code=124, message=Forbidden) when I use the JWT to download the recordings.
Is the new API got released already to use OAuth to download the recordings? If yes, can you please point me to the location.
Many thanks.
Thanks,
smsivanesan

Hi Tommy,

Any update on my above query? If OAuth based API for recordings download is available, can you please point me. I cannot find any related doc etc. It would be great if you could send me some examples etc?

Thanks,
smsivanesan

Hey @sivanesan.murugesan,

Please see my post here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy. I will try it out and let you know if I see any issues.

Sorry for the late response.

Thanks,
smsivanesan

No worries @sivanesan.murugesan!

Please due let us know if you see any issues. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Team,

I tried the same url but it give me same error

{“status”:false,“errorCode”:124,“errorMessage”:“Forbidden”}

Hey @riequation.1956,

Please create a new topic and fill out the post template so we have enough information to help. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

I’m getting this error when trying to download a recording file using an oauth token.

Command I used:
curl -H "Authorization: Bearer ACCESS_TOKEN" https://dropbox.zoom.us/rec/download/A6Uxc...

What do I need to do differently here? Thanks in advance!