404 error loading files local from node_modules/@zoomus/websdk/dist/lib/

Description
I’m using the zoom web SDK for my React project and I saw a very low/laggy performance while in a meeting, especially if there are 10+ people.

While searching for answers on how could I fix that, I found out that importing the library locally( ZoomMtg.setZoomJSLib(‘node_modules/@zoomus/websdk/dist/lib’, ‘/av’)) might help;
Right now I’m using the CDN - ZoomMtg.setZoomJSLib(“https://source.zoom.us/1.9.6/lib”, “/av”)

However, when I’m trying to import it locally, I’m getting a 404 error saying that it cannot find the lib.

Error

Which Web Client SDK version?
Using the Web SDK 1.9.6

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
Set the zoom lib local:

Additional context
If the library is imported through CDN everything works fine, but it may be the cause that it is so laggy.

Thank you for using Zoom Developer Forum-- I am happy to help.Can you use the global CDN when setting ZoomJSLib like so:

Ex. ZoomMtg.setZoomJSLib(‘https://source.zoom.us/1.9.5/lib’, ‘/av’) ;

More details on this can be found here :

Build an App - Web - Client SDKs - Zoom Software Development Kit (Zoom SDK)

Build an App This guide will walk through the steps to get started with the Web SDK through the following steps: Downloading the SDK Integrating the…

Additionally, I’ve linked our sample react app below, be sure to test separately with your codebase and our app:

Pease let me know if this helps.

Best,
Donte

I know I can use the global CDN, and it works like that, however, it is not the solution I’m looking for.

Theoretically, importing the lib locally might increase the overall performance and this is what I’m trying to get right now.

I saw on the official documentation that is possible to do so, but still not working for me.

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/web/build

Hey @mihai.temian,

I have a couple of notes here that might help out:

1. When building our Sample React App we saw that we needed to use the CDN method due to the way that the Web SDK interacts with package managers and dependency bundlers such as Webpack.

2. Using the CDN method will only improve initial page load and because you are loading it from a CDN it is often just as fast or faster to grab a cached version from the users system or a CDN node than from the bundle that your application provides.

If you are having issues with performance on the Web SDK, we recommend enabling WebCodecs and SIMD Chrome Origin Trials. You’ll also want to use Web Isolation to use our most efficient SharedArrayBuffer API.

If you don’t have those features enabled, Chrome may fallback to less efficient APIs which could cause performance issues.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Thank you for the reply.

These days I played around with Web Isolation and others feature from Chrome Origin. However, enabling all of these improves the overall performance only while in the Chrome browser, or is it available for other browsers like Firefox or Safari also?

Thank you,
Mihai

Hey @mihai.temian,

Currently, this process is only applicable for Chrome Browsers. When it comes to these APIs, other browsers have yet to implement them. For example:

For the most part, Chrome is leading the industry when it comes to implementing these cutting edge APIs that we use to provide near-native performance.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.