Acceptable webhook HTTP response code of 202?

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
This is a general question about the webhooks API expectations.

Description
The documentation suggests that HTTP status code 200 or 204 must be returned. However, I am curious if there have been any considerations to also accept 202 Accepted.

In particular, it would be very nice if it was acceptable to return 202 since this indicates that the request will be processed but is seemingly the correct HTTP status code to return in the case where background processing might need to happen. Naturally, it means the request has been accepted. :smiley_cat:

In my own case, I’m hopeful to continue to use Netlify Functions to serve our webhooks from Zoom as we have for some time. However, the processing I’d like to do on webhooks takes more than 3000ms. While Netlify Function sallows up to 10 seconds of processing (for example, to trigger other events) I have wanted to switch to using Netlify Background Functions to background process for up to 15 minutes.

However, the Netlify Functions return immediately with a 201 as soon as they have started executing the pipeline and are doing their background work.

Thoughts on adding 202 to the list of accepted HTTP status codes?

I’m realizing I made a mistake in my message above:

This should have read “with a 202”, instead of 201.

Anyhow, since I haven’t heard anything back, is this generally the right place to ask a question like this? Or would I be better off taking another route?

HI @abernix
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
And sorry that it took a long time to get to your post, but I am now on it to try to get you some information.
I have read your message and I appreciate your feedback.
I will now reach out to the Engineering team with all the feedback that you have shared and as soon as I have more information about it, I will come back to you with an update.
Best,
Elisa

This topic was automatically closed 368 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.