Access live transcript during a meeting through an API

I am trying to find a way to access the items in a live transcript as they are being written. I would like to use an API/Webhook to send each individual line (along with the participant who spoke it and the datetime stamp). I know there are ways to get this information after the meeting has been ended but is there a way to do this while the meeting is in progress?

We don’t have a real time API for transcription unfortunately. However, you can stream the meeting or use our Meeting SDK for raw data

@kiran.bihari, like @MaxM said, there is no API for real-time transcription. However, here are 4 other ways you could explore to create a real-time transcript from a Zoom meeting.

1. Use the Zoom RTMP live-streaming API

Pros:

• Doesn’t require any 3rd party services
  • Lighter weight than building and running a Zoom bot

Cons:

• Needs to initiated on a per-meeting basis
  • You need to set up an RTMP server to receive the data, which requires engineering effort to deploy, scale, and monitor
  • Participants can get spooked by the “live” badge that appears in the meeting (even if it’s a privte meeting)
  • No speaker separation

2. Build a desktop app to capture users’ computer audio

Pros:

• One of the most cost effective solutions

Cons:

• You need to build a separate app for Windows, Mac and Linux
  • It is especially difficult to tap into computer audio on Mac
  • App runs on users’ computer so it can slow their computer down/make computer fans go off
  • No speaker separation

3. Build a Zoom bot

Pros:

• Can get the separate audio streams per participant for perfect diarization / speaker labels

Cons:

• It is very heavy-weight as you would need to spin up multiple servers to run the Zoom client for the bot
  • Running infrastructure for Zoom bot costs more than live streaming.
  • You need to encode the raw video and audio yourself

4. Use Recall.ai

It’s a unified API that lets you send meeting bots to video conferencing platforms to capture the audio,
video and transcription in real-time.

Pros:

• Handles spinning up the servers, and providing the real-time raw audio/transcript so all you interact with is a simple API.
  • Works on any Zoom plan (including Free)
  • Gets speaker diarization / speaker labels
  • Works agnostic of meeting platform

Cons:

• It’s another 3rd party service in your stack

Let me know if you have any questions!