Access to chat by any other means while in a meeting via SDK

Hello,
I am using the Linux SDK example (meetingsdk-linux-raw-recording-sample) and understand that chat is not presently available. I have two questions:

1. Is there any other way to access chat programmatically, while our Bot has joined the meeting via SDK. So to the end user it seems like both are happening .
  2. Is the chat feature coming in the SDK anytime soon.
    Thanks in advance for your support !

@pankn Chat is supported. I’m not sure if we have mentioned otherwise anywhere in our documentation.

This is awesome @chunsiong.zoom , thanks! is there some documentation or example that I can look at please or any kind of pointers to help move ahead will be much appreciated !
I am using SDK files from “zoom-meeting-sdk-linux_x86_64-6.0.10.5355.tar.xz” and the example I mentioned earlier and am unable to find some documentation or example of chat.

Hey @pankn ,

The specific method you’ll want to look at is SendChatMsgTo().

I’d also recommend checking out this code snippet @chunsiong.zoom shared in a different thread.

Another alternative is to use the Recall.ai API for your meeting bots instead. It’s a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get raw audio/video, send/receive chat messages, etc from meetings without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.

Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like