Linux Meeting SDK - Any way for bot to join meeting and get audio without recording prompt?

I’m experimenting with this example repo GitHub - zoom/meetingsdk-headless-linux-sample: A demo on creating a headless meeting bot using the Zoom Meeting SDK for Linux and Docker

Is it possible for a bot using the Linux Meeting SDK to get the audio feed without the meeting being recorded and the “allow recording” prompt that occurs when the bot joins? I have used note taking bots in the past where this does not happen and I am trying to figure out how to do the same. Is it something to do with using user OAuth to pre-approve permissions? Or are they doing something custom without the official SDK to achieve this?

@dseravalli

Is it possible for a bot using the Linux Meeting SDK to get the audio feed without the meeting being recorded and the “allow recording” prompt that occurs when the bot joins?

No this is not possible as it violates privacy.

I have used note taking bots in the past where this does not happen and I am trying to figure out how to do the same.

These are not compliant, and will be shut down

These are not compliant, and will be shut down

@chunsiong.zoom That is interesting, as the #1 app highlighted in the Zoom Marketplace as an Essential App works without triggering the recording prompt or the “Recording in progress” audio, or the recording light. However the bot user has a profile picture with text that says it is recording. Does that image fulfill the policy?