Accessibility: Live Transcription with the Zoom API

Hello,

Is it possible to turn on live transcription for a meeting using the API? I see how to do it for a Zoom Business account + the UI in the Zoom app. Live transcription is listed under the “Closed Captioning” section:

Enable live transcription service to show transcript on the side panel in-meeting"

I see “closed_caption” is a boolean in the User Settings API but I don’t see a mention of live transcription.

It didn’t seem to be possible according to this forum post from 9 months ago. Have there been any updates since then?

This would be a big accessibility improvement for the meetings and conferences that we hold. Thank you!

Hi @lucas.cioffi,

Thank you for reaching out about this.

While there have been any new updates since the forum post you’ve referenced, this is something we hope to expand in the future.

For now, our Closed Captioning API would be the best way to enable closed captioning:

Having said that, it’s a great suggestion to make this more accessible via API. If you’re so inclined, I might suggest submitting a feature request for this here: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Will

Hi,

How to programmatically enable Real-time Text Transcription or TTY interoperability ?
What is the API to be used?

We are using zoom SDK version “zoom-sdk-android-5.5.1.1319”

Regards,
Siva

Hi @sivasrinivask,

Thanks for reaching out to Zoom. As of now, our Closed Captioning API is still the best way to enable closed captioning.

If you feel comfortable and inclined, consider submitting a feature request for this here: #feature-requests.

All the best,
Gianni

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.