Add webinar registrant (for previously cancelled registrant)

Description/Error

I’m seeing unsuccessful response HTTP status code 400, Bad Request, when trying to add a registrant to a webinar, from which they have previously been cancelled.

Which Endpoint/s?

POST /webinars/{webinarId}/registrants

How To Reproduce (If applicable)

1. POST (email, first_name, last_name) to a valid webinar ID at /webinars/{webinarId}/registrants

2. Confirm HTTP status code 201 created (and add notification email is received from Zoom)

3. PUT (action: ‘cancel’, email) to the same webinar ID at /webinars/{webinarId}/registrants/status

4. Confirm HTTP status code 204 (and cancel notification email is received from Zoom)

5. Repeat step 1 with same values, and instead of HTTP status code 201 created, we receive HTTP status code 400 Bad request, with a body something like:

“{“code”:3072,“message”:“The email redacted@email.com cannot be used to register for this webinar”}”

Screenshots (If applicable)

N/A

Additional context

N/A

I had the same problem awhile back. Check out Zoom’s response here: Error 3072 When Trying to re-Add User to Webinar.

Zoom should really update the API documentation to reflect this.

Thanks for the reply @sbarty.

We will work on making our documentation more clear around canceling / re admitting attendees.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for this @sbarty @tommy, that works.

I think it would be nice if we only had to make the one call, and Zoom took care of this for us, rather than another network round-trip?

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback, I will pass this to our team!

-Tommy