Advice on best way to get Webinar Details via the API

Description
I am looking for the best API call or set of API calls to get the following information.
Past Webinars

**Future Webinars

Currently I can see getting some but not all of the information from getting the list of past webinars then iterating over each ID to get the host UUID and finally iterating over each to get participants. 3 of the 4 calls are Heavy or Resource Intensive and I’m hoping for a better way. Additionally, I have not found a API call to get the information from the Attendee Report.

• (step 1) GET /metrics/webinars
  • FOR EACH WEBINAR
    • (step 2) GET /metrics/webinars/{webinarId}
    • (step 3) GET /metrics/webinars/{webinarId}/participants
    • (step 4) GET /past_webinars/{webinarId}/qa

Any advice, insights, and guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Sean

Hey @sohling

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

Greetings @DeveloperBot,

Thank you for the links to other articles. Unfortunately, I don’t believe these links add any additional information to my initial inquiry.

To Summarize my original post:

• Q? : Is there a simpler or better way way to get the information provided by

• (step 1) GET /metrics/webinars
    • FOR EACH WEBINAR
      • (step 2) GET /metrics/webinars/{webinarId}
      • (step 3) GET /metrics/webinars/{webinarId}/participants
      • (step 4) GET /past_webinars/{webinarId}/qa
  • Q? : What API Call can I use to get

• Q? : What API Call can I use to get

Thank you kindly,
Sean

Hey @sohling,

Happy to help. In regards to your first question:

Is there a simpler or better way way to get the information provided by GET /metrics/webinars

It sounds like the question is whether there’s a way to consolidate these calls, or another call that returns the info more comprehensively. At the moment, the participants and Q&A information will require you to query by Webinar ID, so the sequence of requests you’re making will still be the best way to get these additional details. That said, I can appreciate the desire for a more comprehensive request.

What API Call can I use to get attendee report

Our GET Webinar Details Report endpoint returns the participants_count value. And our GET Webinar Participant Details report will return a record for each unique participant. In regards to viewers vs users, can you clarify what you’re looking for? Our APIs distinguish between participants and host/panelists.

What API Call can I use to get future webinar’s registrations report

You can query our List Webinar Registrants endpoint to get the total number of registrants for an upcoming Webinar. For the Webinar details itself, you will need to query either the GET Webinar endpoint.

I hope this is helpful,
Will

Hey @will.zoom ,

Thanks for the response and your expertise!

What API Call can I use to get attendee report
In regards to viewers vs users, can you clarify what you’re looking for?

I am looking for the breakout that is available on zoom.us site as a report. Do you see on the right where it details Unique Viewers, Total Users, and Max Concurrent views.

I don’t need to know about every participant, just the counts.

What API Call can I use to get future webinar’s registrations report

I apologize for the confusion, I am just looking for the list of future webinars so that I can query the webinar’s registrations report. The GET /metrics/webinars API call only will return past or live webinars.

Here is the list as displayed via the zoom.us interface:

Here as well, I don’t need to know the specifics for every registrant .

Hope this explains my request a bit more,
Sean

Hey @sohling,

Ah, I see—my apologies for not catching that earlier!

Regarding the Unique Viewers, Total Users, and Max Concurrent views metrics, I’m afraid these aren’t currently available via API. That said, I definitely understand why it would be valuable to have parity between the UI report and the API report, and will be happy to submit this as a feature request internally. (If you’re so inclined, you’re also welcome to add this here: #feature-requests)

As for an endpoint to get future webinars that are scheduled, you can call our List Webinars endpoint, though I should note you will need to query by userId—we don’t currently have an API to return all upcoming webinars outright, unfortunately:

I hope this helps to clarify, but let me know if there are still questions!

Best,
Will

Thanks @will.zoom,

Is there a way to find out which of the users have Webinar accounts via the API? I would hate to have to iterate over all of our users to get future webinars?

Thanks,
Sean

Hey @sohling,

At the moment, I’m afraid the only endpoint that returns a user’s webinar package status is our Get User Settings endpoint, nested within the features object:

Best,
Will

1 Like

Thanks @will.zoom,

I will see if I can get this to work for me.

Sean

1 Like

Thanks @sohling! :slight_smile:

Please let us know if you run into any issues.

-Tommy

Hey @will.zoom,

So I went ahead and tested this out with our user User_UUID = AOJWZEjKQLKMGbyp6Illng. It did not return any of the future webinars for this user ( a small sample shown via the web interface in screenshot below)

To recreate:
GET https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/AOJWZEjKQLKMGbyp6Illng/webinars?page_number=1&page_size=300

The result is many webinars from this user, but not with a date > right now.

Any other thoughts on how I might be able to get future webinars?

Thank you,
Sean

Hey @sohling,

Thanks for sharing these details. Are the future webinars that you’re expecting to see for this user part of a recurring series, or are these independently scheduled webinars?

Additionally, can you try passing their email instead of the user ID and see if this returns more results?

Thanks!
Will

Thanks for the response @will.zoom,

I went ahead and found one of our users with both independently scheduled webinars and recurring webinars. Neither showed up in the
GET https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/68NQOiTVSti-sPnAbBausw/webinars?page_number=1&page_size=30

Per your note, I also tried using emails for several different webinar users and the results were the same. No result included a future Webinar.

Any additional guidance or a different API call to use would be appriciated,
Sean

Hey @sohling,

I just DM’d you for some more sensitive details. Since this is the main endpoint for retrieving scheduled webinars, definitely want to dig into this for you.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.