Allow chatbots to join meeting chats

+1 request for adding chatbot api for in meeting

+1 request for adding chatbot api for in meeting

I have some webinars that our users get a real benefit from interacting with a chat bot to view documents, vote on impromptu questions, etc. These users are not part of our organization so using the current in-app chatbot is not possible. This means when we host these events, we use YouTube instead of Zoom.

I would love this feature as well. Currently I use Zoom with a Waiting Room as a line of students, and I admit and talk to each person one by one, I would love to be able to automatically send data to a participant that joined a waiting room via the in meeting chat, like for example the estimate time they will wait in line.
I never used the chat in zoom outside a meeting, and honestly I didn’t even know about the existence of a chat that is not a meeting chat untill today, after spending two days learning and creating a chatbot and realizing that it was not working where I wanted it to.

Any word on this feature? I have to say the use cases for a chat bot are very minimal if they cannot participate in in-meeting chat. Does anyone have an example of a good implementation that uses web hooks and the client sdk?

You should put this in big bold lettering in the docs. I took the time to do the tutorial and dropped a few hundred bucks on server setup and app assets then came here to ask a question about hosting the nodejs script on my servers and found out only then that this wont work. What a gut punch.

1 Like

I didn’t spend money on it, but I’m in a similar boat. I got some really cool Chatbot functionality going with Tommy’s setup tutorial, only to realize, hours in, that it’s useless. Who on this planet uses Zoom to chat with bots? I’ve been part of four organizations that use Zoom almost exclusively, and NO ONE uses the Zoom client chat. If a chatbot has no way of integrating with meeting chat, it’s basically useless.

One way you can access the in-meeting chat is to create a Zoom SDK bot that joins the meeting as a participant. You can then use the IMeetingChatController class in the SDK to send and receive chat messages.

If you don’t want to run meeting bots yourself Recall.ai provides a simple API to do this.

1 Like

I have a similar use case where this feature would help tremendously.

Would love to hear if others have found workarounds or alternatives for efficiently managing parliamentary procedure in both large and small Zoom meetings with participants across web, mobile, and phone-in. Our current procedure requires a team of people and doesn’t provide adequate transparency.

We have a similar use case for this also. We would love to see this feature. Having a chatbot would allow us to send strategic messages to meeting participants upon joining the meeting. The disclaimer functionality and/or waiting room functionality is not always the best way to communicate information to meeting participants, especially if they’re in a hurry to get into the meeting.